IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway Regular Season Opens Sunday May 4th
5/4/14, 9:03 PM   #41
Re: Kokomo Speedway Regular Season Opens Sunday May 4th
JON'S MOM

He is finishing race

1 member likes this post: Al Pierce
5/4/14, 9:06 PM   #42
midgy

One to go. Stanbrough restarts. Cottle leads then coons

5/4/14, 9:07 PM   #43
midgy

Cottle wins over Coons

5/4/14, 9:09 PM   #44
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Hell of a weekend. 2 wins and a second for Cottle.

5/4/14, 9:15 PM   #45
midgy

Please thank Sacha Ballou, Amy Coons and Spridge for the updates next time you see them. This was my last race to update.

5/4/14, 9:17 PM   #46
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
Hell of a weekend. 2 wins and a second for Cottle.
Great weekend for the entire 2e team at the shop and at the track !!

2 members like this post: Steve Wendel, Throttlemom
5/4/14, 9:22 PM   #47
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgy View Post
Please thank Sacha Ballou, Amy Coons and Spridge for the updates next time you see them. This was my last race to update.
Thank you very very much for the updates.

2 members like this post: flynnracing8, Pat O'Connor Fan
5/4/14, 10:47 PM   #48
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Lisa, not trying to one-up you, but just had to say more about Shane Cottle in the 4th heat. Bland took off from the pole, Gurley, Price-Miller and Cottle in a dog fight for 2nd place. On lap 3, Cottle suddenly, took a HARD left in turn 1 to go from 4th to 2nd coming out of turn 2. Not sure you could do that at another track, but we all know how good Kokomo is. Sure is a pleasure to be back at a track which allows these drivers to show us just how good they really are. The next lap Cottle reeled in Bland and passed him for first. Really impressive driving exhibition by Cottle. Some other observations - Hats off to C. J. Leary for coming from 7th to 2nd behind BC in Heat #2. Chase Stockon was not here tonight. The 21X is a black car driven by Lee Dakus from Edmonton, British Columbia, Canada. Davey Ray is in his pit. I believe the feature finish was Cottle from 5th, Coons from 3rd, Short from 11th, and was that Gurley from 16th. I looked up and all of a sudden saw this yellow and black flash in turns 3-4. Can't wait to see the whole official finish. Congrats to JRS for restarting after turning it over in the BC/DC incident. Excellent racing, excellent track. Nights like this (well, practically any night there) are why I love Kokomo. If you stayed at home you missed another good one. Please come out and support racing or we may not have any to support.

5/4/14, 11:34 PM   #49
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

This is of course unofficial Frank but I had it like this: Cottle, Coons Jr., Short, Gurley, Thomas Jr., Weir, Ballou, Boespflug, Taylor and Grant. Again, that is totally unofficial. Gurley got a tremendous run off of the cushion in turns three & four to sling shot that thing forward on the final lap.

Agree with everything you said Frank. Kokomo Speedway produces some of the best traditional sprint car races anywhere. My hats off to the O'Connor's for making this place what it is today.

Glad to see all of the drivers climb out of their cars after flipping. Turns 1 & 2 grabbed three of them again tonight. This was a very entertaining show. 2 & 3 wide racing and it seemed wicked fast tonight.

The only surprise to me was that more of the drivers didn't use the cushion in the feature. Clayton didn't venture up there much and Darland really didn't either. I figured he for sure would be up there. Not often you see him get lapped especially at Kokomo.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/5/14, 12:31 PM   #50
Jerry Spencer

Great night for the Spencer Racing #66j got the heat win then fell to 11th in the feature, got pinched a bit coming of of four and had to lift or wear it thankfully Josh lifted and our car is in one piece.

Josh said he just needs to work on being a little more agressive.

It was nice seeing the fans after the races some we have not seen all winter, thank all of you for your support.

Bubby you are a great man, thank you for all your help.

See you all at Gas City Friday night, until then be safe and remember to tell them you love them while you can.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil 1
www.joshspencer.com and on Facebook at Spencer Racing

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, racing2bwithu2
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway Regular Season Opens Sunday May 4th