IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racin' with D.O. tonight USAC SIlver Crown meeting update
12/19/07, 11:30 PM   #41
Re: Racin' with D.O. tonight USAC SIlver Crown meeting update
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Dwight,

I agree with you 100%. But the first impression is not a good one. New management or old, not asking the dirt owners to participate in matters of importance to the series is showing a complete lack of respect. It sends a message "loud and clear" that the dirt portion of the series is of secondary importance to the new gen portion.

If Ken Pierson can fly from CA and Jim P can join via conf call from Syracuse, then by all means it would have been easy to get participation from ALL owners if they so desired. It will not get healthy unless the entire series sticks together and works hard to make it happen. To alienate more than half of the owners is not a good way to right the ship. The series will not stick together as long as the red-headed stepchildren with dirt cars are relegated to second tier status.

USAC hasn't given a d*mn about the dirt for years and it isn't being concealled anymore like it once was. Look at all the dirt that has been removed from the USAC schedule.

It is a travesty.

12/20/07, 1:40 AM   #42
bigmojo5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
USAC hasn't given a d*mn about the dirt for years and it isn't being concealled anymore like it once was. Look at all the dirt that has been removed from the USAC schedule.

It is a travesty.

From JIM MORRISON
Funny, I thought the USAC divisions had a greater weight to the dirt rather than pavement in recent years. The Silver Crown was pretty evenly split; sprints had a larger percentage of dirt than asphalt, as does the midgets.

More dirt tracks were added last year to the USAC schedule than pavement dates. Heck, they even went to Pennsy in sprints and are going back this year to even more tracks. Kamp was added last year, Union County and Brownstown this year. Route 66 Raceway is back on the schedule for sprints. Macon is on it this year for midgets. Pavement additions for 2008, so far, are Shady Bowl, a couple more dates at Winchester, and Darlington.

Did those dates you are talking about get removed from the USAC schedule because USAC did not want them, or because the track promoters did not make a profit and chose not to book them again?

12/20/07, 11:42 AM   #43
usac14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
usac14, i hope you're just a usac sycophant or, groupie, and not an employee. if you are an employee, they are doomed. do you realize how ridiculous a way this would be to communicate with paying members (car owners, drivers, etc.) with regard to the time, date and location of an important meeting?????? on a non-affiliated web-site forum!!! or to expect members to simply make periodic and random phone calls to the office to see "IF" there is a meeting coming up?? i refuse to believe USAC would be that poorly run. that being the case, i'll assume, and hope, you're not an employee.
No, I have a REAL job. I'm a fan with "ties" to an owner. My thoughts are my thoughts where I don't want the foolish to think I'm speaking for anyone.

12/20/07, 12:29 PM   #44
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

I don't understand how USAC is a club. I thought that club members each had an equal say in everything? Was that not the point of paying the $500 to be a MEMBER? How do you have an 'invite only' meeting for a CLUB? I wonder what people's opinions would be about the goings-on if they didn't know it was USAC. Just all the facts on a piece of paper.

12/20/07, 2:22 PM   #45
ossuks

You guys are hilarious!!!

Where and how do you get your info. in regards to the USAC mtg. I have talked to 2 car-owners that were at the mtg. and they thought things went great. How do you know it was by invite only. Did you get your info. from a dude ,that knows a dude ,that knows another dude,who heard about it from a dude he knows? :doh:

12/20/07, 4:01 PM   #46
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post

Where and how do you get your info. in regards to the USAC mtg. I have talked to 2 car-owners that were at the mtg. and they thought things went great. How do you know it was by invite only. Did you get your info. from a dude ,that knows a dude ,that knows another dude,who heard about it from a dude he knows? :doh:
It was by invite only. Trust me. I got this information from the owner I am sitting with right now. He has been running for the USAC Silver Crown championship points for many years until the series was split into two. Now he only runs the dirt shows and PRA Big Cars with his old style chassis. There are many of these people still out there.

They were NOT invited to this meeting, but they did receive their USAC membership form in early November in the mail with a $500 renewal cost just for the membership.

Do the two (2) owners that you reference own dirt cars, new gen or old style, or all three? I'm betting that they are new gen owners. Greg Staab announced on the Racing for D.O. show Monday night for all to hear that Ken Pierson flew in from CA and Jim Paternoster joined by conference call from Syracuse. To this point, that are the only two owners that have been confirmed in attendance at the meeting. Greg said that there were about 9 owners, but he did not state names other than these two.

These are the facts, my friend. Nothing hilarious about this unless you have a sick sense of humor in thinking that an "exclusionary club" with discriminatory policies is something to laugh about.

12/20/07, 6:39 PM   #47
Mad Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post

I take car of an old style SC car that was ran in the PRA this year. When I heard about the "meeting" I told the car owner about it. He called Jason Smith about it and was told the meeting was by invite only.

12/20/07, 8:25 PM   #48
Anderson36

For what it's worth, Bob East has a meeting with USAC after Christmas regarding the SC division. Mainly with Kevin Miller and/or Jason Smith.

Hopefully this with have some regard to the old pavement cars and not just the dirt side, because we all know Bob isn't involved with the new cars.

12/20/07, 8:30 PM   #49
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36 View Post
For what it's worth, Bob East has a meeting with USAC after Christmas regarding the SC division. Mainly with Kevin Miller and/or Jason Smith.

Hopefully this with have some regard to the old pavement cars and not just the dirt side, because we all know Bob isn't involved with the new cars.
:applaud::thumb:

12/20/07, 10:25 PM   #50
Mad Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
:applaud::thumb:
I second that!! Maybe there is still hope for the REAL Silver Crown pavement cars.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racin' with D.O. tonight USAC SIlver Crown meeting update