IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Old picture thread.
12/31/08, 10:41 AM   #41
Re: Old picture thread.
TQ29m

The picture I have, I took in AJ's shop, and it's not lit too well, yours is much better. That old fart driving it, goes up and helps AJ every tues, than comes to my shop to tell me what they did. He's restoring one of his original roadsters now, someone found it, and it had been narrowed, and turned into sort of a modified, anyway, the chassis is about done, Weeks is starting on the nose, the Offy has been in, so by Spring, he should have it done. I don't know if they've figured out who raced it at Indy yet or not. Bob

12/31/08, 10:51 AM   #42
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWALTZ18W View Post
Amazine how pargons changed, bob hasn't changed much just a little more round r
I love the name on the helmet, too. Far cry from today's custom painted versions.

12/31/08, 12:40 PM   #43
RACEADDICT

Attachment 693Old one of Grandpa Don at the speedway from the IMS website.

12/31/08, 4:38 PM   #44
Metal66

This isnt an old sprint photo but this is a cool picture of Darrell Waltrip sitting on the scales at Tri State Speedway in his late model.

1/1/09, 2:56 AM   #45
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove grabber View Post
Ok here's one, can anyone tell me who, when and where? This should be easy for a veteran lol

P.S. if you look at the file name of the photo your cheating.
Cliff Cochran Tampa Fld 1973 Larry Curtis Standing on #4 Leffler.:checkered::checkered::checkered:

1/1/09, 3:38 AM   #46
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
The picture I have, I took in AJ's shop, and it's not lit too well, yours is much better. That old fart driving it, goes up and helps AJ every tues, than comes to my shop to tell me what they did. He's restoring one of his original roadsters now, someone found it, and it had been narrowed, and turned into sort of a modified, anyway, the chassis is about done, Weeks is starting on the nose, the Offy has been in, so by Spring, he should have it done. I don't know if they've figured out who raced it at Indy yet or not. Bob
Chuck Arnold the midget driver misser the race 68 I think:checkered::checkered::checkered:

1/1/09, 10:16 AM   #47
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Now Dan, we all, well maybe not all know, that is the Pat Clancy Special. What most folks don't know is, you and Jerry, found it in a junk yard, and removed BOTH Qc rear ends, and put them in your cars! AJ Watson built a copy, about 5-6 years ago, but he only drove one set of rear wheels. Bob
WHAT? PAT CLANCY CAR HAD 2 MIDGET REAR ENDS BILLY DEVORE DROVE IT AT INDY IN 1948 AND JACKIE HOLMES IN 1949! THEN THEY PUT A CHAMP REAR IN IT AND JIMMY DAVIS WON SEVERAL CHAMP RACES IN! THEN LATER DIZZ WILSON ENDED UP WITH IT CAR 73 AND JOHNNY RUTHERFORD DROVE IT IN IMCA AND LIVED IN MITCHELL WITH JIM MCELREATH AND BUZZ ROSE!!!!!!!!!!:checkered:

1/1/09, 12:44 PM   #48
HurstBros0

All,

I went past Dad`s and he set me straight on a few of my misquotes . The Brewer boys got the body and frame from Dizz. The 6 wheeler had parallel bars on the back and you can see below the rear radius rods a cut out in the body where the adjusters were . He said you could look down the frame rails from the rear of the car and see the tubes which had once housed both sets of rear bars. Dad also said he didn`t get in on any fabrication on the one Bob`s driving except to cut the cage off and some of the body mounting structures. He did help Pete and Jerry drag what was left of it behind the garage to a ditch .That winter they put the cage and body work on a different frame he thinks came from Billy Earl. Sheldon Kinser was going to start driving for them and the old cage was too short. Dad built them a taller cage for that car in the 65-66 timeframe.

Dan Hurst

1/1/09, 1:02 PM   #49
HurstBros0

Somebody said something about Bob Papoy in another thread ... That`s him in post #18 of this thread walking behind Petes hand crafted tail made from two Ford fenders welded together .

1/1/09, 1:32 PM   #50
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer 14 View Post
I don't mind posting some of the pics I have but was hoping some of you guys might post some of your old pics as well.

J.L. Brewer
the tail piece on that car looks indentical to the one Roy Robbins had on his yellow#31 at Lawrenceburg in the early 60's. could those cars be related, J.L. ?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Old picture thread.