IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
rclaridge (Offline)
  #41 8/3/14 12:15 AM
Like a lot of people have said this race is almost always outstanding! It's like a hidden treasure! Easily the best race I've seen this year!
5 Likes: Dirtfan, fish, jim goerge, mc/rider, rdzsprint
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #42 8/3/14 12:45 AM
I have never seen a bad race at tss ( even getting rain out last year on isw lol) we stayed home tonight at the burg and going to Kokomo Sunday.and we will come back to what's Tommy's magic show soon . Love tss just a hard place to get to from the burg area.
2 Likes: fish, smith19
Great Scott (Offline)
  #43 8/3/14 12:47 AM
There really aren't words or video to truly describe what we witnessed tonight. Just an amazing race & finish. This has to be a contender if not winner of the race of the year. The crowd was electric watching the incredible action on the track. This racing action is what makes us come back to TSS night after night.
8 Likes: Dirtfan, fish, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, racephoto1, rclaridge, rdzsprint
rclaridge (Offline)
  #44 8/3/14 1:05 AM
I love smackdown at Kokomo, but if any night there is half as good as this race we'll be damn lucky!!
2 Likes: jim goerge, mc/rider
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #45 8/3/14 1:17 AM
One quality of a great race is just when you think you've got it figured out, that race throws a curve ball at you. This one came with a curve, a changeup and a couple of fastballs. For the first half or more of this race it looked like nobody had anything for Brady and KT Jr would easily finish second. During this phase Cummins, Stanbrough, Clayton and Ballou slugged it out to see who could break free and move forward to challenge the leaders. At first it looked like it would be Cummins, who had quickly jumped from sixth to third. Then Clayton went on a tear like you're accustomed to seeing at TSS. Clayton even caught and passed KT Jr for second and looked to be headed for the leader, but Thomas battled back and went toe to toe with Clayton for several laps for a great battle. Clayton then cleared Thomas and quickly reeled in Brady. Short looked doomed and it seemed he would be easily passed and left by Clayton, but then Brady battled back and defended his lead. As this battle was being waged, Cummins had gotten around KT and was catching the two leaders in a hurry. As the checkered neared, Kyle passed Daron and was clearly the fastest car on the track. Then the white flag flew and Kyle rocketed off of turn two and was all over Brady, but Brady still held onto the lead. Then they came to turn four. Kyle did the same thing and he drew even to Brady as they came to the flag stand. Brady crossed less than a foot ahead of Kyle. Brady was the man tonight, but Kyle's late race charge was the show and was what pressed this race into one that people will be talking about for a while. After they crossed the start/finish line Allen Beck was yelling at the top of his lungs and everybody in the crowd was just standing, looking at one another stunned!!

After the race, both Brady and Kyle were fired up. Short took a shot at KT for being wild and praised Kyle. Another great Haubstadt feature.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
8 Likes: 3Cfan, fish, FishBurger, jaybird, jim goerge, mc/rider, racenut69, racephoto1
3Cfan (Offline)
  #46 8/3/14 1:35 AM
Definitely a candidate for race of the year. Kyle looked like Pops flying around that cushion those last few laps. Oh, but for just one more...lol.
2 Likes: Dirtfan, jim goerge
jim goerge (Offline)
  #47 8/3/14 1:35 AM
When those two came off four and banged wheels I thought Crap I gotta score one of them flyin though the air Seemed like every car there was fast Hope theres a tape of it I'd love seeing it again
3Cfan (Offline)
  #48 8/3/14 1:37 AM
I hope Sean was there taping.
mc/rider (Offline)
  #49 8/3/14 2:01 AM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
One quality of a great race is just when you think you've got it figured out, that race throws a curve ball at you. This one came with a curve, a changeup and a couple of fastballs. For the first half or more of this race it looked like nobody had anything for Brady and KT Jr would easily finish second. During this phase Cummins, Stanbrough, Clayton and Ballou slugged it out to see who could break free and move forward to challenge the leaders. At first it looked like it would be Cummins, who had quickly jumped from sixth to third. Then Clayton went on a tear like you're accustomed to seeing at TSS. Clayton even caught and passed KT Jr for second and looked to be headed for the leader, but Thomas battled back and went toe to toe with Clayton for several laps for a great battle. Clayton then cleared Thomas and quickly reeled in Brady. Short looked doomed and it seemed he would be easily passed and left by Clayton, but then Brady battled back and defended his lead. As this battle was being waged, Cummins had gotten around KT and was catching the two leaders in a hurry. As the checkered neared, Kyle passed Daron and was clearly the fastest car on the track. Then the white flag flew and Kyle rocketed off of turn two and was all over Brady, but Brady still held onto the lead. Then they came to turn four. Kyle did the same thing and he drew even to Brady as they came to the flag stand. Brady crossed less than a foot ahead of Kyle. Brady was the man tonight, but Kyle's late race charge was the show and was what pressed this race into one that people will be talking about for a while. After they crossed the start/finish line Allen Beck was yelling at the top of his lungs and everybody in the crowd was just standing, looking at one another stunned!!

After the race, both Brady and Kyle were fired up. Short took a shot at KT for being wild and praised Kyle. Another great Haubstadt feature.

Jerry
What he said

When in doubt Gas It
jim goerge (Offline)
  #50 8/3/14 2:34 AM
Originally Posted by 3Cfan:
I hope Sean was there taping.
Mr Sean WAS in the house