IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The rumors were true!!!!!!!!!!!
10/19/12, 2:40 PM   #41
Re: The rumors were true!!!!!!!!!!!
Revolution Racing

The ONLY reason I got involved with engine management was because the GM guys showed me that with that technology I can build an engine that will last longer and run better for less money. I thought that was what racers wanted - silly me.

3 members like this post: DAD, fish, midget96
10/19/12, 3:12 PM   #42
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
I long for the day when Larry O. posted here.
And Duke.................Sigh..........

2 members like this post: fish, TQ29m
10/19/12, 3:51 PM   #43
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
nobody

I do not see any highlight? Would you be so kind as to put it back into print. It sounds as if it is very important to you, for some reason.

I really did not get on this board to write my masters thesis. Let's do this All in good fun. Please don't get so uptight, in 100 Years it will probably even be funny to you.

Honest Dad himself

Your "Mother" would have to be pretty low to turn off my-thumbs up smiley faces!!!!!

IF you don't see it highlighted, then there is no way I can help you. I've heard of selective hearing but not selective reading.

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/19/12, 3:56 PM   #44
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
I long for the day when Larry O. posted here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
And Duke.................Sigh..........
I kind of regret visiting and signing up here. I was hoping this would be a place to talk racing and the challenges facing racing instead of what I do read here: ******** and made up claims posters can't even support. Sad, maybe that is what's wrong with racing and not a sanctioning body listening to fans, entrants and car owners. If some of the views here were or have been expressed to organizations and actually followed, I can see why racing is in the state it is. fore em might be a place better suited for race talk.

10/19/12, 4:17 PM   #45
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr nobody View Post

IF you don't see it highlighted, then there is no way I can help you. I've heard of selective hearing but not selective reading.
Nobody

My wife has accused me of both problems for the last 40 years. If I looked around and fixed everything I saw wrong at home there would be no time for racing. I truly don't see what you are talking about.

Why not just put your concern in print and I would be glad to help find a source for my off center thinking.

Heck I can't even get my smiley faces to work??????

Honest Dad himself (two thumbs up)
Last edited by DAD; 10/19/12 at 4:19 PM.

10/19/12, 4:56 PM   #46
TQ29m

I got em!

10/19/12, 5:45 PM   #47
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I got em!
WeLl giVe eM baCk i'm no tHuMbs wiThoUt thEm

Honest Dad himself

10/19/12, 6:18 PM   #48
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Hey Dad, I think I found what Nobody was talking about!
"Ethanol is really a big waste of our food supply for motor fuel and helps inflate food cost"
Thing is, when he said "highlight", I think he meant "BOLD TYPE"
Not to get in the middle of this (too late), but he's kind of a grouch...
And kind of odd, that someone who "regrets visiting and signing up here" because of all the ******** seems to spend a lot of time doing exactly that.
Anyway, I touhgt you put out some interesting thoughts, although you almost lost me at "stoichiometry"; big word for IOW
Last edited by jjones752; 10/19/12 at 6:21 PM.

3 members like this post: DAD, fish, Revolution Racing
10/19/12, 6:36 PM   #49
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Hey Dad, I think I found what Nobody was talking about!
"Ethanol is really a big waste of our food supply for motor fuel and helps inflate food cost"
Thing is, when he said "highlight", I think he meant "BOLD TYPE"
Not to get in the middle of this (too late), but he's kind of a grouch...
And kind of odd, that someone who "regrets visiting and signing up here" because of all the ******** seems to spend a lot of time doing exactly that.
Anyway, I touhgt you put out some interesting thoughts, although you almost lost me at "stoichiometry"; big word for IOW

Anybody with the last name Jones can't be all bad.

I enjoy getting people to vitch that means they are thinking. o'l nobody probably thinks on the different side of his brain than I do. Shucks all he has to do is GOOGLE "ethanol as a motor fuel pros & cons" read about 10 or so articles and form his own opinion. It probably still will not change his views, but that's OK by me that's what makes life fun.

Now if I could just get Bob to give me back my "thumbs up" I would have had a pretty good day. When I go home they are still on my trusty lap top. I used to live on west 20th st. in Speedway back in the 70's.

Honest Dad himself Two thumbs up
Last edited by DAD; 10/19/12 at 6:44 PM.

10/19/12, 10:48 PM   #50
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
I am not sure this news will necessarily draw cars back but it might be a step in the right direction. It is what should have been done in the first place.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE OCTOBER 15, 2012
DICK JORDAN

$125,000 IGNITE 2013 CONTINGENCY ANNOUNCED

The largest contingency program in recent USAC racing history has been announced for participants utilizing Ignite high-performance Ethanol racing fuels in 2013. A total of more than $125,000 in year-end prizes and series race postings will be up for grabs in various USAC racing series.

Starting with the TRAXXAS Silver Crown Championship, participants will be rewarded with the preferred fuel option afforded by Ignite, with a $5,000 “powered by Ignite” bonus posted for each car entrant winning a Silver Crown feature. If the “powered by Ignite” option is not utilized in victory lane, a $2,500 bonus will be awarded to the highest finishing “powered by Ignite” competitor. With the new contingency postings for 2013, Ignite Racing Ethanol will be the preferred fuel of the TRAXXAS Silver Crown series, but not mandated. Competitors may use Ignite Ethanol or traditional methanol fuels in the series.

Other USAC racing series will also offer rewards for “powered by Ignite” usage. A $500 bonus is posted for a feature victory in the Ignite Midget series and Mopar .25 Midget Series competitors will also receive a $1,000 savings certificate for achieving a National Championship at season’s end.

“We are extremely pleased with the partnership Ignite has provided for these USAC incentives for 2013 and we look forward to the bonuses our participants will receive,” says USAC President/CEO Kevin Miller. “This is a significant step and one we embrace as we continue into USAC’s racing future.”

--USAC--

Looks like everything is figured out for the Silver Crown Division of USAC. Methanol will now also be allowed to race aganist Ethanol with no restrictions. Car counts will go through the roof, fans will have to be bussed in by the thousands and all will be well with the world.

Just one problem that I can see here. We have a company putting a great deal of money out to promote it's product to the public. It is probably a good product but it will be racing aganist crews with years of experience with the other product. It really wont be a very level playing field for them. I don't see them giving out very many $5000.00 checks to winning racers, rather if they are lucky they will be writing checks to the also ran's. This ain't good business sence.

Can the cars that managed to finish and win on Ethanol this year be competive with good cars powered by methanol next year? Or will it be a mass exiodus to something that they know works. I think old Shackespearer said it best "Thereby hangs a tail". I can see a few Ethanol powered cars racing for the $2500.00 check and the Methanol powered cars doing the winning. That is not really the way the sponsor wants to see things turnout.

The power produced by an Ethanol powered car should be off about 5% or so from a methanol powered car. But if controlled right fuel mileage and weight savings and better placement of weight could make a big improvement in performance and make them competitive with methanol.

The only path I can see for USAC is to take a really big leap of faith and make electronic engine management systems an option. This could be a win win deal for all racers and move USAC into the 21st century. NASCAR did it this year and I don't here too much &itching from "Smoke", so it caint be too bad. Had they stayed with gasoline I bet they would have cut out at least one fuel stop in 500 miles.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/19/12 at 10:52 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The rumors were true!!!!!!!!!!!