IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silly Bowl DQ
12/26/21, 12:40 PM   #41
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by popham View Post
I was under the impression that car was powered by a Suzuki Hayabusa Eng. I seen it run out there for a couple of years, and on certain tracks it was very competitive. The Hayabusa was the fastest production motorcycle for years with top speeds of 312 mph! Check out the u tube video of a jet ski with a Hayabusa engine in it.
That may be 312 KPH not MPH!!!! And I believe they were restricted to 186 mph as a gentlemen’s agreement between manufacturers

2 members like this post: ISF, opnwhlmnd
12/26/21, 1:04 PM   #42
Re: Silly Bowl DQ
chrismattlin

The absence of a lengthy rulebook for The Chili Bowl allows us to see some cool innovations which otherwise would never see the light of day. I really like seeing some of the things people come up with, BUT (!) this entire situation would never work out without the race organizer having discretion and, honestly, arbitrary authority as they see fit. Otherwise, we'll end up with whatever this was:

Look closely! That's a clear lexan panel running more than the entire length of the left side of Danny Lasoski's 2003 Chili Bowl ride. Thank heavens, Emmett Hahn didn't have to make a call on this as Smoke Johnson saw how ridiculous it was and did Danny the favor of removing it for him.

Sometimes the drivers and teams will police themselves, but sometimes, too, an adult needs to step in and say, "Enough's enough!".
Last edited by chrismattlin; 12/26/21 at 1:06 PM.

12/26/21, 1:09 PM   #43
chrismattlin

It even looks goofy (and illegal) without the large lexan panel.

12/26/21, 1:30 PM   #44
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by popham View Post
I was under the impression that car was powered by a Suzuki Hayabusa Eng. I seen it run out there for a couple of years, and on certain tracks it was very competitive. The Hayabusa was the fastest production motorcycle for years with top speeds of 312 mph! Check out the u tube video of a jet ski with a Hayabusa engine in it.
According to an ad on Facebook I seen of it a year or so ago it was running a Kawasaki Zx-14.
Andy Bradley on the other hand did run a shaft driven Hayabusa in I think it was 2019.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silly Bowl DQ