IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
View Poll Results: Should LPS get a sprint week race in 2011?
Yes 81 81.82%
No 18 18.18%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
kasey2020 (Offline)
  #41 11/16/10 4:44 PM
I guess I owe USAC an apology. I was not aware that the decision was totally up to the other promoters. What a crock! If I was USAC, and my name was attached to this amazing event, I would have a major say in what tracks were ran. I don't know how all of that works though, so I'll stop there. If the other promoters are trying to keep LPS out of the mix...that tells me they are concerned about the direction LPS is headed and that it's making a major comeback! Maybe a little scared of the competition??
Pine (Offline)
  #42 11/16/10 5:45 PM
Originally Posted by kasey2020:
I guess I owe USAC an apology. I was not aware that the decision was totally up to the other promoters. What a crock! If I was USAC, and my name was attached to this amazing event, I would have a major say in what tracks were ran. I don't know how all of that works though, so I'll stop there. If the other promoters are trying to keep LPS out of the mix...that tells me they are concerned about the direction LPS is headed and that it's making a major comeback! Maybe a little scared of the competition??
OR maybe thats why Sprint Week is thriving....Just Sayin'...
Tall Jackson (Offline)
  #43 11/16/10 5:54 PM
Look for the same tracks as last year to make up sprint week in 2011. Starting the second Friday in July with Gas City, followed by Kokomo, and the Burg rounding out the first week. The second week will mirror last year.
jerseysprintnut (Offline)
  #44 11/16/10 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tall Jackson:
Look for the same tracks as last year to make up sprint week in 2011. Starting the second Friday in July with Gas City, followed by Kokomo, and the Burg rounding out the first week. The second week will mirror last year.
I think you mean LBurg, Gas City, and then Kokomo. (In that order)
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #45 11/16/10 10:44 PM
I think that sometimes the little normal weekly shows are some of the best shows of the year. Even though Lincoln Park may not have sprint weeks they always put on a good show. So hopefully everyone can stay positive and just keep supporting Lincoln Park and USAC. I really dont know the ******** that are behind who gets the sprint week events nor do I really care. The bottom line is Lincoln Park has come a long way in a very short time and I know that the day will come that Lincoln Park will get a sprint week event and until then I plan on attending as many shows as possible to help support and keep the racing alive at Lincoln Park.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #46 11/16/10 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by jerseysprintnut:
I think you mean LBurg, Gas City, and then Kokomo. (In that order)
Nope I heard it the way he had it.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
BuckeyeBullet (Offline)
  #47 11/16/10 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Nope I heard it the way he had it.
Makes sense to me, Nascar is running KY Speedway that Friday and Saturday night...

Why would L'burg even think of trying to compete with that? Moving their ISW show to that SUnday is the best possible move.
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #48 11/17/10 8:39 AM
If it's a vote, who are you going to vote out? All of the tracks last year did a good job so none of them should be replaced. I think LPS has done a great job of coming back to life. I had written the place off and hadn't been back since '06 for the NST race where they still hadn't started racing at 11pm. I wasn't returning until someone else took over. Spiker has done a great job and I enjoyed my trips there this year.

However, I don't think LPS should replace any track if a vote is how it's done. The other tracks have done nothing to be replaced. I'm not sure expanding the dates is in the week's best interest. Money only goes so far for racers and fans. I think the current number is about the limit. Some racers and fans would do as many races as scheduled, but many would have to pick their dates because their budget can't afford more dates. That would hurt tracks on some level. I'm all for more racing in general. I just don't think Sprint Week needs adjustment in regard to number of dates. If a track from last year wants in, I think they should return because they all did a good job. Sprint Week always leaves you wanting more, that's the way it should be. That's what keeps it special.
2 Likes: awnunn, jim goerge
duel (Offline)
  #49 11/17/10 9:00 AM
Putnamville did get a usac midget week show and 3 usac sprint dates last year. if midget week gets more popular at least they may have a foot in the door. the place has made a good come back and probably will get a sprint week show in the future.
2 Likes: Hubie, jim goerge
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #50 11/17/10 1:42 PM
Lawrenceburg running on Sunday might be the minor change that Spridge referred to in his post.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy