IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
openwheel44 (Offline)
  #41 3/15/12 10:17 AM
I respect Danica for what she has demonstrated as a driver. What I question, like many here, is the media attention she keeps getting. I realize it's about hype and promotion and in the end......money. What I have a problem with is the fact she gets all this attention and there are guys out there that have done more, worked their butts off and made the "traditional" sacrifices to achieve the success and recognition they have earned. She has not. Period. And yes, I have raced with quite a few females that quite frankly were extremely competitive so it isn't a anti-woman thing. She wants my respect.....she needs to earn it just like all the other drivers have.....I don't need to be force fed by any organization or the media.

Posted via Mobile Device
7 Likes: ajb6, billw, CRA91, Dannypollock24, Mud Packer, robert gatten, spruett
HARFprez (Offline)
  #42 3/15/12 10:22 AM
just like everyone else in here, offering my 2 cents worth. We buy the ppv and enjoy every minute of it. I enjoy seeing the drivers that are always so serious about their job just being able to kick back and relax and laugh and have fun. We all know Danica is a huge pr package that can race, and excluding those of you on here that have put on a fire suit and gotten behind the wheel, she has bigger b-a-double L-s then most of us here. I was fine in a sprint car all by myself on a race track, but when it comes to side-by-side racing at speeds close to 200, my respect to all racers. As stated before, it is for charity to go to childrens's hospitals, so any type of "sideshow" that brings in more cash is fine with me. She'll do fine in the middle of the pack with the usual dirt track guys up front. How can she be any worse then the "jet-dryer killer" JPM a couple years ago? The ppv I want most though is the golden gloves bout with Milka Duno vs. Danica Patrick...now that's entertainment. bob
5 Likes: Dannypollock24, jim goerge, Mud Packer, Seadog, TQ29m
openwheel44 (Offline)
  #43 3/15/12 10:50 AM
What I should have said.......Dancia.......I would expect you to simply EARN the attention you are getting. Pretty simple. Just like most of the other racers have done.

Posted via Mobile Device
Seadog (Offline)
  #44 3/15/12 11:22 AM
How many females have ever strapped into a dirt late model before and went racing? I am aware of the history of women in WoO, USAC, NASCAR, INDY, etc,.

Not that I follow LM racing that much, but what other women have tried it?
Vukie (Offline)
  #45 3/15/12 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
How many females have ever strapped into a dirt late model before and went racing? I am aware of the history of women in WoO, USAC, NASCAR, INDY, etc,.

Sherri Hackenast.
2 Likes: Mud Packer, Seadog
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #46 3/15/12 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Seadog:

April Farmer and Jill George are the two who have probably the most starts. No wins that I can remember.
kingmod5 (Offline)
  #47 3/15/12 11:50 AM
I don't fault Danica for any of the issues. It is the american media and their attempts at shoving and shoving what sells. It doesn't matter what it is they will run anything into the ground that produces the most money for their bottom line.
Revolution Racing (Offline)
  #48 3/15/12 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Put her in a midget first. After about 3 days in a midget under different track conditions, that big old stock will seem kind of lazy and laid back to her, and much easier to stay on top of. She should have a pretty good coach.

Honest Dad himself
She came out to Irwindale a few years ago and ran some laps in the Focus car. Now I know, a focus on pavement is a LOOOOONG ways off from what we're lookin' at here, but I gotta say, she was bloody fast right out of the gate. Didn't do anything dumb, just all business.

I don't have an opinion about her (or stock cars in general) one way or the other, but if she gets headlines for auto racing then I say good for her.
Sawdust101 (Offline)
  #49 3/15/12 12:42 PM
Maybe a good match race between Milka Duno and Danica for 20 laps might spark some extra action.
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #50 3/15/12 12:47 PM
The bad part is Tony pays a dirt late model team a set price (I believe $5,000) to field a car for the prelude. I would have to believe she will be in one of Tony's personal cars, but if not I feel sorry for the poor guy that lets her get in his car.