IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park?
6/21/14, 10:22 PM   #41
Lincoln Park!!...
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Thanks (all) for updates n recap!!..........

6/21/14, 10:23 PM   #42
Re: Lincoln Park?
Jerry Shaw

That was a damn good feature! Boespflug definitely had the car to beat, as he was just a rocket in the heat race. My first impression, when they lined up for the feature was that if anybody had anything for Chad it would be AJ Hopkins, especially early, because he had also looked very fast earlier in the evening. Boespflug and Kent Christian started on the front row and after Kent held AJ off for a few laps, Hopkins then set sail for the leader. While this was going on, Jerry Coons, Brian Hayden, Landon Simon and Brent Beauchamp were working their way through the field. Beauchamp was on the tail after a first lap spin. And he made quick work of almost all the field, before the halfway point! He was really mowin 'em down! Coons would eventually work his way up to third place, where he and Hopkins would battle for that position for many laps. Hopkins then pulled away from him and caught the leader. They went at it tooth and nail for several laps and just when that was starting to get good, they touched in between turns one and two, sending Hopkins over the berm. It was a racing deal, pure and simple. Nothing more, nothing less. The race then looked to belong to Chad, but all of sudden, Coons started getting real good bite with the low line he was taking and began to chip away at the lead. With two laps left, he caught him and pulled even as they entered heavy traffic. Then as the white flag flew, Chad escaped and pulled away to get the victory.

Like I said, it was a real good race. I wish AJ's luck would have been better because he could have very well won the race, tonight. On a track with walls, he might have just bounced off and still been in it. Great job by LPS with weather in the area. I was on the road by 8:57.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/22/14 at 9:51 AM.

6/21/14, 10:32 PM   #43
chathamracefan

Really enjoyed my first visit to lincoln park. Sprint feature was a great race

1 member likes this post: robert gatten
6/21/14, 11:33 PM   #44
Re: Lincoln Park?
D.O.

It was slide job city between Chad and A.J till they touched. Great race no rain at all when I left at 1030

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park?