Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell
11/5/07, 5:07 PM   #41
Re: Sammy Swindell
smithpk85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsvideo View Post
D.O....

Clayton's "fine" is only a thousand dollar bond. One that he receives back as long as he doesn't have any problems at Manzanita this weekend (since it is the last race of the season). But, to clarify, this didn't happen in the pits. It happened on the front chute, in full view of the grandstand. The thing that bothers me about the whole thing is, an official tried to hold up Clayton from reaching Kevin's car, and that is when things escalated. Kevin is strapped in his racecar, so exactly what kind of damage can Daron do to him really? Shake the cage? Daron probably wasn't going to do anything but yell at him, much the way Sammy was allowed to do with Robert Ballou on Friday night in front of the the full view of the granstands, no less.

As for seeing the video, you won't. That is something that is not good for our sport, and I ceratinly won't glorify it by putting it on the web. Fortunately, Jeff Kristensen followed my lead. Now, I am uncertain whether the Lucas Oil TV production will air it, but I would hope not. I just don't think it is becoming of our sport. Just my opinion...

DM
Hey DM, I understand why you won't show the video of the fight. But let me ask you, do you have the video of the naked guy on the bike? If so, are you going to show that? I have heard it is hilarious, would love to see it!:emote20::applaud:

11/5/07, 5:10 PM   #42
Glad Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Hmm, Let's recap

Thursday - Took out Rip about as uncleanly as they get.
Friday - Spins by himself on initial start, takes 6 cars with him.
Saturday - Dumps Clayton out of 3rd place.

That is quite the trifecta. Some may argue that Friday's events were not unclean driving but their case/defense doesn't wash with the arguing going on that the pole driver waited too long to take off. I'm sorry, 1. Doesn't the pole driver control the pace? and 2. If the pole driver waits until the start cone to take off rather than go early and somebody leaves before the pole driver, who is at fault?

In general, I've seen the talent level between the West Coast and Midwest rise and fall. Sometimes the talent is better in one place over another. Right now, there's not a ton of white hot talent on the West Coast so I was a bit interested in seeing what this new bunch of Midwest kids looked like. I'm quite underwhelmed. In general, most of them seem to fly it in there hoping it all works out. That's not really "driving" to me.

I wouldn't fault Sammy for defending his son. After all, look at him. I don't think Chuck Liddell has anything to fear from this kid. I'd be disappointed if Sammy didn't kick his backside afterwards.

Having said that, I see that Clayton has improved a lot and maybe some of these other guys eventually will as well.

Why were the stands empty Thurs/Fri? Imagine that Perris was located where Gas City is. Imagine that there is no loop around Indy and that just one North/South highway exists to take you from Indy to Gas City/Perris. Also imagine that there really isn't any population to the north/east/west of Gas City and just about everyone comes from the south. Oh, also imagine that Indy has 15x more people and that while everyone works in Indy, the affordable housing is all in Anderson. Trafficwise, it's just not fun to drive to Perris in the afternoon during the week.
I thought it was obvious that I was referring to a 6 minute video clip of the "A" feature from Thursday night. I have no idea what happened in the heats and have seen nothing of the Friday and Saturday action.

Were the stands full Saturday night? I hope so for the PAS promoter. Sounds like Sammy tried to give 'em a good show. Then again, the Left Coast is too PC for "all that".

11/5/07, 5:12 PM   #43
Sprint Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOR4 View Post
:rolling: Did Hewitt knock out Sammy at Lawrencebug a few years ago?
Cold as a wedge! Lights out! Someone get the number of that bus!

You get the idea, and YES, he deserved it too! :icon_smile_blackeye

I believe Slam Sam has the destinction of being renderd unconscience by both Hewitt and King Kinser.

A remarkable achivement! :applaud:

11/5/07, 5:13 PM   #44
Glad Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
I Could Have Used Something Like %$#%^^* If Thats What You Want
:loser:

11/5/07, 5:15 PM   #45
Glad Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithpk85 View Post
Hey DM, I understand why you won't show the video of the fight. But let me ask you, do you have the video of the naked guy on the bike? If so, are you going to show that? I have heard it is hilarious, would love to see it!:emote20::applaud:
Was the naked biker using a BANANA SEAT with a SISSY BAR?:rolling::thumb::applaud:

11/5/07, 5:20 PM   #46
tailtank

I've sat here and read what all has been written and a couple of questions have come to mind.

1. Do most of you not like Kevin because of who is dad is?

2. Do most of you dislike Kevin because he came from the wing ranks to get his high-profile Mopar ride? I'm sure many of you have had another canidate in mind for the seat long before Kevin got the ride.

The reference to Hewitt makes me remember the guy was and has always been a gassser. He has done things in a sprintcar that only a few have ever tried probably once. He has dumped many a driver including himself but did anyone bash him for it? Probably not because he has always been liked for just that being a gasser. Kevin has always been a gasser since his karting days but then again there are people there that didn't like him either because his last name was Swindell and he was Sammy's kid. Most people don't like Sammy because of his personality, he can't help that. Call him what you want just remember to include Hall Of Famer and one of the best that's ever strapped into a sprintcar.

11/5/07, 5:25 PM   #47
smithpk85

[QUOTE=tailtank;16683]I've sat here and read what all has been written and a couple of questions have come to mind.

1. Do most of you not like Kevin because of who is dad is?

2. Do most of you dislike Kevin because he came from the wing ranks to get his high-profile Mopar ride? I'm sure many of you have had another canidate in mind for the seat long before Kevin got the ride.

I think what it boils down to is Kevin's lack of respect for his fellow drivers on the track. If he has to run over someone or take someone out to win, he will do it. There are plenty of drivers that run side by side with one another in close races and never touch each other. It can be done. Swindell deliberately took Daron out of that race Saturday night - plain and simple!

11/5/07, 5:31 PM   #48
OpenwheelRob

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like Kevin because of Kevin. He drives like an moron (running over people all year). Talks like an moron (Got the Mic at Lawrenceburg and made an ass of himself by bad mouthing other drivers). Oh, and I would say a better candidate for the Mopar ride would be anyone who can tell the difference between the gas and the brakes and has half a brain.

The boy has No respect and it shows!!!

11/5/07, 5:35 PM   #49
petey

Brad I have to say that I was impressed with what I did see of Kevin in the A from the highlights from Thurs. He was running pretty smooth along the cushion. However when I heard later that he got into the Ripper earlier that evening disappointed me. To let you know I as well as a bunch of others here are Clayton fans and it was a real let down to hear and now see that Kevin needlessly dumped him in the heat of the battle on Sat. You can clearly hear the crowd's reaction when Kevin bobbled on the cushion on Sat. flattening his tire and coming to a stop.

Daron has definitely settled down to what he was at one time. Whenever he's wrecked it was pretty much him and only him. I've seen the guy put on some hellacious come from behind drives at Haubstadt without running into a single car. His battle with Stanbrough in early July during the KISS finale was one for the ages. His win at the PAS on Thurs. was his third USAC win of the year all in different cars and none were in his screaming yellow #92.

What's disappointed me about about Kevin is the ammount of equipment he's gone through this year and doesn't have much to show for it (two midget wins and 0 sprint wins). Using three provisionals during the first week of Sprint Week was pretty sad as well. The kid that I've seen have some good runs with a wing in the past has been a let down for me this year. Brad Sweet will do good in his car next week in Manzy I'm sure.

Corey Martin (a disgruntled Swindell fan)

11/5/07, 5:49 PM   #50
Onlydirt

Swindell is more of a PUNK than a Brat. I hope he is moving along to Nascrap so we can get rid of him.

I enjoyed Sammy's racing backwith the outlaws, remember his fights between him and the DUDe?

Sammy was a race car driver, Kevin is the typical silver spoon.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell