IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racegal (Offline)
  #41 1/20/08 5:59 PM
At the risk of being very predictable I will have to say the one guy I have been following closely since he was four years old... Dave Darland:checkered::applaud:
And Ray Kenens:respect: was also a natural!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
YeleynSmoke (Offline)
  #42 1/21/08 8:39 AM
JJ Yeley, Tony Stewart and Dave Darland are the best drivers I have ever had the pleasure to watch race. Oh and Jay Drake too. I do miss seeing him on the track.

Karen
Joker0801
  #43 1/21/08 4:24 PM
Since I haven't seen his name yet, and he is one of the best of all time: Michael Schumacher. People always forget, Ferrari was a mid-pack team when he signed on with them. No driver has ever been better in rain conditions. Nuff said.

With that out of the way, allow me to also nominate (ones I've seen):
Dale Earnhardt - HATED HIM! But I do respect his talent.
Doug Wolfgang - my hero as a kid, but in all honesty, probably not "THE" best.
Tony Stewart - do I really need to explain?

Honorable mentions: Jac Haudenshield, Steve Smith Sr., Steve Kinser, Jon Stanbrough, The entire Eckert family, Bloomquist, Tobias Sr., Davey Allison, AJ Foyt (saw him run Indy), Billy Pauch.
kinser (Offline)
  #44 1/21/08 10:12 PM
Pavement: Bentley Warren, Mike Bliss, Bob Frey, Eric Gordon, Stewart and not necessarily in that order. Dirt: Chuck Gurney, Leland McSpadden, Steve Kinser, Hewitt, Wolfgang, Haudenschild, Kevin Doty. If you never got to see any of these guys you really missed out ! !
Hawker (Offline)
  #45 1/22/08 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=Joker0801;25889]Since I haven't seen his name yet, and he is one of the best of all time: Michael Schumacher. People always forget, Ferrari was a mid-pack team when he signed on with them. No driver has ever been better in rain conditions. Nuff said.[QUOTE]

Now you did it.......

I am a huge F1 fan. While I agree that Schumacher was/is great (I'd love to see him run a sprinter!), almost as good as Senna... I think that Alonso is a much better driver in the wet. I have seen him school Shuey several times in the wet.
darlandfan (Offline)
  #46 1/22/08 9:16 AM
Originally Posted by kinser:
Pavement: Bentley Warren, Mike Bliss, Bob Frey, Eric Gordon, Stewart and not necessarily in that order. Dirt: Chuck Gurney, Leland McSpadden, Steve Kinser, Hewitt, Wolfgang, Haudenschild, Kevin Doty. If you never got to see any of these guys you really missed out ! !
If you add Opperman and Kenny Weld on your dirt list, I think its perfect. Unfortunatly Opp and Weld were had beens by the time I can remember, they were the best and I thankfully got to see what was left of them race.