IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chris Paulsen shoves Triple X race co. owner at PRI ?
12/12/07, 11:51 PM   #41
Re: Chris Paulsen shoves Triple X race co. owner at PRI ?
GFMMInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
JMO I think that we have to think of our neighbors first! I know there are alot of japanese auto plants in this state and all the employee's make a good living working there! My only complaint has nothing to do with NAFTA or CAFTA but is a result of our domestic companies going over seas to china for cheap labor. At this point all we can do as consumers is read labels and make educated decsions on our purchases.
I as an american will not support a communist country and I hope more people like me will do the same. Maybe XXX is a great car, but it sure could be built here , and yes it would cost more but it would also feed the welder's family and kids. I don't want to start a p*ssing match just want to express my two cents.

Chad.
I agree. I am all for feeding my neighbor. Hell, it allowed me to have a good home to be raised well with my father working at GM. The sad thing is that there are a good amount of workers that work for the big three that will tell you what they have now is ridiculous. I mean I can tell you from first hand experience along with most on here. Not to get in a pi$$ing match, but I seen first hand some of these people that would be fired if they worked any place else. This issue always gets my father and I fired up between each other. However, I know a ton of people I grew up with and work with today that would love to work in these places. Lets face it. Were else can you go to jail. Be drunk on the line and get sent home and have a job the next day. I have done work in the trucking industry. Guess what. One DUI and you have shot your career for good at most companies. Now when it comes to feeding my neighbor I refer to an earlier post. Toyota town, formally known as Princeton. Hires a ton of our Hoosiers along with Subaru in Lafayette. If you do any of the above mentioned at work you are fired. For one reason. Quality. I am all about quality. China, Italy, Europe, Japan, USA. As long as it is the best of the best then I am all for it. Sorry. I have gotten way off topic now. Once again, if you are a business owner. Do not act like a candy a$$. Be respectable. Agree to disagree. Then move on with it. Once again Mr. Elwood Chad. I agree with you whole heartedly. Just a lot of things have changed from the good old days and it is unfortunate outcome of today's world that we live in. Peace I am out..

12/13/07, 7:51 AM   #42
Re: Chris Paulsen shoves Triple X race co. owner at PRI ?
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenwheelRob View Post
I don't care if it's fantastic and almost free? So you'd spend twice as much and get a lesser product just because of where it's made?

F**k Toyota because they aren't looking out for you or your countries best interest? So your saying that Chevy, Ford and other so called American car makers are thinking about our country and the avg. Joe Sixpack, while they design their new $50,000 Monster SUV, that the avgerage Joe can't afford anyway?

Get a Grip, don't get offended because other countries are beating us at our own game. It's not their fault we want 2 days off a week, vacations, higher wages, better work places and all those other things "We" want which drive costs higher so that we can't compete with their products/prices.

But to hell with facts, let's just :angry-smiley-007:about it! Geez
I am an average joeSixpack and I don't knwo how many times I was so appreciative that the CEO's, COO's, Board of Directors, and the corporate white shirt made millions and millions of dollar while sitting on their arses or infront of some reporter doing an interview while I am out of the production line busting my arse tring to squeeze out a living on the absurdly small salary I get while getting briused, beat, and battered making those $50,000 SUV's that I had no part of designing or pricing. Yet when the company wants to save money who is sacrificed? the blue collar worker, the Average JoeSixpack is fired to save the money. Those responsible for making the products the company sells to make money is fired and those who are bleeding the company with an outrageously low salary to work ratio is kept on and given a bonus and raise for saving the company money. Never will understand tha.

We want what is fair and just for our wages and compensation. How many companies are bleeding the public in this country dry with outrageous prices on everything. Look at oil prices. High crude prices are hurting the consumer yet the businesses like Exxon Mobile are making record profits. The same with Conoco Phillips. Look at food prices. People like General Mills are making huge profits yet th customer is getting robbed on the prices they pay and the farmer is getting little more this year than the last few years on what he is paid at the elevator when he sells it. Again those with all the power are few and those with little power are the many. The janitors are made the scapegoats when the bosses screw the pooch.

Think about it folks. I may be written off for a loudmouth and disregarded as someone who is an ***** but if this is wrong then let me know what is wrong about it, I won't get pissy about anyhting.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chris Paulsen shoves Triple X race co. owner at PRI ?