IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is bloomington still on
7/16/10, 11:53 PM   #51
Re: Is bloomington still on
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGraves View Post
Congrats to 100% Hunter. He had a great run, looking forward to Tri-State where he always seems to run good.

Not sure how Jon does it, but he does......Congrats to him as well

Watching a race at Bloomington made me appreciate last night at Brownstown even more. I hadn't been there in 15 years and now I remember why. I cannot imagine how anybody would complain about B-town being dry slick and then think that Bloomington is a exciting race track. The guy sitting next to me said that they never rework the track before the feature. That kind of racing is just not my thing.

Looking forward to Haubstadt tommorow, I know the Helfrich won't have a track like that.
If you only go to Bloomington for the USAC races then dont judge the track on just a few races. Racing has been fantastic there for the regular shows. It seems whenever they qualify there it gets used up. There were quite a few guys out there tonight that moved up a lot of positions.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/17/10, 12:48 AM   #52
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
If you only go to Bloomington for the USAC races then dont judge the track on just a few races. Racing has been fantastic there for the regular shows. It seems whenever they qualify there it gets used up. There were quite a few guys out there tonight that moved up a lot of positions.
I agree. Two of the best sprint races I've seen this year have been there. Unfortunately, track conditions dictated a lot in the way things went, tonight. I wish there was a way that they could have the flexibility to do some track repair in circumstances like we had for this race. The best guy still won, in this case. But, instead of a great race back throughout the field, like it is so often there, it ended up mainly being a showcase for the versatility of Jon Stanbrough and Hunter Schuerenberg, who were working their way around and past people, while most others were bottled up on the low groove. It was a tough night on the red clay, tonight. We had a good night on the hill, none the less. It was kind of like a slightly stale family get together.

Bottom, line though is that we have ended up with just exactly what many thought we would in 2010 ISW. We're going to one of the best tracks anywhere, with only seven points separating the two best sprint car drivers in the country. It all comes down a duel between the three time USAC national champion and the toughest guy, in racing's baddest neighborhood, who also leads the country in A-Main wins. Last year's finale at Haubstadt was a classic. This one has that written all over it, too.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/17/10 at 1:06 AM.

7/17/10, 1:30 AM   #53
racefan20

Biggest gainers(Start - finish pos)
BC, Gaines +7
Holtzclaw, Cramer +6
Stanbrough, Windom, DD +5

Biggest losers
DC -16
Harris -7
Hughes, Robbins -6

I think there was only 1 yellow real early. Its no accident on a slick track that 3 of the top 7 gainers were locals and the others are savvy vets. It was a drivers track tonight but there was still a lot of passing going on.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/17/10, 2:11 AM   #54
sloppyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawkaw2 View Post
Awesome Jon. Except for Lburg (and that track) no matter where you've started you've been able to get to the front. Just that crash at Kokomo while going for the lead and this would be a totally different Sprint Week. What a dominating performance. 3 out of 6 and up front in 2 of the others. Congrats for Hunter. Levi continues to run consistently and that gets points. Tough luck again for DD, that qualifying can make you or break you.
Do not know where you were sitting at Kokomo, but Jon was not close to the leader when his right rear hooked the cushion. He is the best driver out there, but please be honest with your own self.

7/17/10, 1:30 PM   #55
kawkaw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
Do not know where you were sitting at Kokomo, but Jon was not close to the leader when his right rear hooked the cushion. He is the best driver out there, but please be honest with your own self.
I agree with what you said. I meant Jon was driving to the front on a charge, not that he was trying to pass Levi when he crashed. Would have liked to have seen that finish. Oh well, maybe tonight at Tri-State.

7/17/10, 1:54 PM   #56
bhaley2four

The track was a huge letdown last night at Bloomington! As good as it normally is from week to week for the regular shows which we attend every friday and to have the biggest race on your calender for the entire year and that was the result? I don't think there was not a single car in the final 4 group sessions that cracked a 12.0 in qualifications. This was the worst overall race of all of sprintweek this year!

7/17/10, 2:39 PM   #57
EldoraMark

i get to Bloomington 2 to 3 times a year and usallly 2 of the races is like last night. Slick, dry, and slowwwww . I think Hoover could of out ran them cars. I'm just glad Jiggs and most other promotors no how to re-work a track. Its a shame when people drive long distance & wait in hot condition to only be treated as lets get you out of here as fast as we can. It was my choice to go there so I knew what to expect. Mike should of been in the parking lot between the B and A and seen how many people left. It might of made him think of maybe trying to re-work the track.

7/17/10, 2:43 PM   #58
sp6967

group quals kills race tracks.

7/17/10, 3:41 PM   #59
bhaley2four

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
group quals kills race tracks.
That track was crap after the first couple of sessions of quals and that was not the only problem, there is a reason that the crowds keep dwindling and dwindling down there. It is good and fast most of the time,but when you are on the biggest stage of the year to throw out a turd like they did is unbelievable!

7/17/10, 4:16 PM   #60
ByronMack

If they had reworked the track there would be fifty people on here complaining about the promoter holding them hostage.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is bloomington still on