IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell
11/5/07, 5:51 PM   #51
Re: Sammy Swindell
Zellner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post

Just a question that will surely get this topic really going. Why is it ok for Jack Hewitt to do this sort of stuff (punch people, hold up races, cuss them out, and more), but yet Sammy cannot without being a dirty rotten *******? Just a question that I've pondered since reading this post.
Hewitt usally waited till they were looking at him before he punched them. from every thing I have read this was an attack from behind.

11/5/07, 5:55 PM   #52
illinisprintfan

If Kevin is going to continue to run people over, then Sammy needs to keep out of the way when the payment comes due. If Kevin is man enough to push people around on the track, then he needs to man up afterwards.

11/5/07, 6:01 PM   #53
wbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
If Kevin is going to continue to run people over, then Sammy needs to keep out of the way when the payment comes due. If Kevin is man enough to push people around on the track, then he needs to man up afterwards.
Some of you think Sammy was right in defending his young one; He probably was- I would have to do the same if someone came after one of my teenage boys (although they would need to wait for me to pull my foot out of there butts first!)
The problem with Sammy jumping in the fight is now the "other team" has a right to jump into the fight, before you know it the entire pits are in a brawl:angry-smiley-007:

Wasn't there, don't have a dog in this one, but thats my $.02 anyway.

11/5/07, 6:13 PM   #54
Glad Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
Brad I have to say that I was impressed with what I did see of Kevin in the A from the highlights from Thurs. He was running pretty smooth along the cushion. However when I heard later that he got into the Ripper earlier that evening disappointed me. To let you know I as well as a bunch of others here are Clayton fans and it was a real let down to hear and now see that Kevin needlessly dumped him in the heat of the battle on Sat. You can clearly hear the crowd's reaction when Kevin bobbled on the cushion on Sat. flattening his tire and coming to a stop.

Daron has definitely settled down to what he was at one time. Whenever he's wrecked it was pretty much him and only him. I've seen the guy put on some hellacious come from behind drives at Haubstadt without running into a single car. His battle with Stanbrough in early July during the KISS finale was one for the ages. His win at the PAS on Thurs. was his third USAC win of the year all in different cars and none were in his screaming yellow #92.

What's disappointed me about about Kevin is the ammount of equipment he's gone through this year and doesn't have much to show for it (two midget wins and 0 sprint wins). Using three provisionals during the first week of Sprint Week was pretty sad as well. The kid that I've seen have some good runs with a wing in the past has been a let down for me this year. Brad Sweet will do good in his car next week in Manzy I'm sure.

Corey Martin (a disgruntled Swindell fan)
Thanks for sharing your view. For the record, since August 11 and prior to PAS, Kevin has finished better than his teammate (Bacon) 8 out of 10 times.

11/5/07, 6:33 PM   #55
mortboyz

I'm wondering if Mini Sam has topped young Mr. Bacon in another dept. as well.....has to have wadded-up 4 times as many cars this season....:doh:

11/5/07, 6:37 PM   #56
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad Brad View Post
Thanks for sharing your view. For the record, since August 11 and prior to PAS, Kevin has finished better than his teammate (Bacon) 8 out of 10 times.
I'm sure if Brady took out just half of the cars Rocky did, them numbers would change drastically

11/5/07, 6:37 PM   #57
petey

Bacon has not won yet this year but last I checked he was ahead of Kevin in the sprint standings. Kevin is ahead in the midget standings. It's prolly safe to say that KKR hasn't had the season they were expecting.

11/5/07, 6:52 PM   #58
RandyF46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailtank View Post
I've sat here and read what all has been written and a couple of questions have come to mind.

1. Do most of you not like Kevin because of who is dad is?

2. Do most of you dislike Kevin because he came from the wing ranks to get his high-profile Mopar ride? I'm sure many of you have had another canidate in mind for the seat long before Kevin got the ride.

The reference to Hewitt makes me remember the guy was and has always been a gassser. He has done things in a sprintcar that only a few have ever tried probably once. He has dumped many a driver including himself but did anyone bash him for it? Probably not because he has always been liked for just that being a gasser. Kevin has always been a gasser since his karting days but then again there are people there that didn't like him either because his last name was Swindell and he was Sammy's kid. Most people don't like Sammy because of his personality, he can't help that. Call him what you want just remember to include Hall Of Famer and one of the best that's ever strapped into a sprintcar.
You make a heap of sense. Plus, Kevin has an outlaw win. Can't think of a single USAC guy racing today that can say that. LOLOLOL:checkered:

let the whinings begin!!!!!:greenflag:

11/5/07, 7:07 PM   #59
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailtank View Post
I've sat here and read what all has been written and a couple of questions have come to mind.

1. Do most of you not like Kevin because of who is dad is?

2. Do most of you dislike Kevin because he came from the wing ranks to get his high-profile Mopar ride? I'm sure many of you have had another canidate in mind for the seat long before Kevin got the ride.

The reference to Hewitt makes me remember the guy was and has always been a gassser. He has done things in a sprintcar that only a few have ever tried probably once. He has dumped many a driver including himself but did anyone bash him for it? Probably not because he has always been liked for just that being a gasser. Kevin has always been a gasser since his karting days but then again there are people there that didn't like him either because his last name was Swindell and he was Sammy's kid. Most people don't like Sammy because of his personality, he can't help that. Call him what you want just remember to include Hall Of Famer and one of the best that's ever strapped into a sprintcar.
In most cases, I'd say the answer is neither. Most of the people I talked to, before this year began, were kind of looking forward to seeing Kevin race, this year. I know I posted to that effect, several times, on this forum. Like many, I anticipated there being a little bit of a "Springer Show" quality about it, because of who he was. But, if he was half as good as his pop was, maybe the good would outweigh the bad. But, it just didn't work out that way. He underachieved, in superior equipment, all year and had absolutely no respect or regard for the safety of his fellow drivers or the equipment of their car owners. And the sad part was, that he didn't even try to make it look accidental. He added very little that was positive, to this sport and I, for one, will be glad to see him no longer around.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

11/5/07, 7:25 PM   #60
Tim Watson

Somebody needs to define the word "brat" to me. Where i live in Wisconsin it is refered to as a tasty sausage that is prepared outdoors on a charcoal grill while drinking BEER'S :wink1:

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell