IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica in the Prelude
3/15/12, 1:03 PM   #51
Re: Danica in the Prelude
indybail

I think it's going to be fun. Never watched the prelude before. Now I will.

3/15/12, 2:48 PM   #52
illinisprintfan

The more attention that the charity gets who benefits from this the better. If she does OK, more power to her. I'm not much of a fan of hers, but at least she is making herself available for a good cause. She deserves props for that.

3/15/12, 3:00 PM   #53
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshoe65s View Post
The bad part is Tony pays a dirt late model team a set price (I believe $5,000) to field a car for the prelude. I would have to believe she will be in one of Tony's personal cars, but if not I feel sorry for the poor guy that lets her get in his car.
Why? It's not like she has a reputation for tearing up cars. She held one of the longest streaks in IndyCar for running at the finish, and I can only recall one crash in stock cars at Bristol last year that was all her doing. If I got a knock on her, she's too conservative at times and that's most evident on starts and restarts.

2 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, TQ29m
3/15/12, 3:53 PM   #54
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution Racing View Post
She came out to Irwindale a few years ago and ran some laps in the Focus car. Now I know, a focus on pavement is a LOOOOONG ways off from what we're lookin' at here, but I gotta say, she was bloody fast right out of the gate. Didn't do anything dumb, just all business.

I don't have an opinion about her (or stock cars in general) one way or the other, but if she gets headlines for auto racing then I say good for her.
Really, very few drivers are fast on dirt and pavement. You can take the driver out of dirt but it is very hard to take the dirt out of the driver. Works in reverse for pavement. They just have a hard time dealing with loose. They want to DRIVE it in and not back it in.

Honest Dad himself

3/15/12, 4:25 PM   #55
BrentTFunk

I know the popular thing to do is blame the media for the attention she is getting, but as 4:15 on Thurs., I have yet to hear anything about it other than here. I would say there is more interest here than in the media.

1 member likes this post: PAW
3/15/12, 4:44 PM   #56
treecitytornado

Dirt drivers going to pavement are way better than a pavement driver going to dirt, JMO.

Posted via Mobile Device

3/15/12, 5:05 PM   #57
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheel44 View Post
What I should have said.......Dancia.......I would expect you to simply EARN the attention you are getting. Pretty simple. Just like most of the other racers have done.

Posted via Mobile Device
Oh, like Dale Earnhart, Jr???

4 members like this post: flatout18, ISF, rdzsprint, UpOnDaCushion
3/15/12, 5:31 PM   #58
openwheel44

Uhhhhhhh........I did say "most." Little E has won a few but that boy is running on his last name more times than not. Would he be where he is without that last name.....doubt it. But like I said.....MOST.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: flatout18, jim goerge, speed bump, treecitytornado
3/16/12, 12:27 PM   #59
Gregg

Even if she finishes dead last I will giver her kudos for trying to run the dirt. It proves she has more balls than almost all of the other IndyCar brethren.

3 members like this post: fifthwheel, Hotshoe65s, ISF
3/16/12, 4:12 PM   #60
DonMoore10

Taylor Ferns could run rings around these female drivers and most male drivers. She's the best female driver to come along in a long time.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica in the Prelude