IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tom Brewer (Offline)
  #51 5/27/14 8:01 AM
Could anyone tell me where I might find the timing data from the transponders on line? I would like to see some lap times as the race progressed.
racing2bwithu2 (Offline)
  #52 5/27/14 8:37 AM
Go to mylaps.com Lloyd
Stealth87 (Offline)
  #53 5/27/14 9:01 AM
Originally Posted by Tom Brewer:
I saw that there is supposed to be an award for "Most Improved". Is that for improvement from starting position? If so, it should go to Kaiser and the Speed Chasers car. They moved up 20 spots, more than anyone else. Can't find anything about who got it on the Anderson Speedway web site.
We were pitted right next to them. They did all their stops with hand tools!!! Great job of staying consistent Geoff! Great job by the crew to get the car in and out of the pits as fast as they could. Seeing the excitement of their crew after the race is why I love racing sooo much. Well deserved. They busted their butts and gave it all they had. Great work by everyone working on that car, and of course by Geoff as well!
4 Likes: fish, interpreter66, luckybuc97, mod4s
Tom Brewer (Offline)
  #54 5/27/14 9:19 AM
I looked in Mylaps and couldn't find the little 500. What a site, though, results from everyehere! Thanks
cmakin (Offline)
  #55 5/28/14 8:35 AM
I still can't figure out why Santos was all over the back of Wilson, even though he was many laps down at the end of the race. If anyone is interested, I do have a photo that shows just HOW close.

The other thing that I have not seen any comment on and I figure is worth some kind of mention is AP's front bumper. What's next, chariot wheels?

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
767 (Offline)
  #56 5/28/14 9:19 AM
Originally Posted by cmakin:
I still can't figure out why Santos was all over the back of Wilson, even though he was many laps down at the end of the race. If anyone is interested, I do have a photo that shows just HOW close.

The other thing that I have not seen any comment on and I figure is worth some kind of mention is AP's front bumper. What's next, chariot wheels?
Why didn't wilson just let Santos go once he caught him? Good spotter would have told him to let him go. It is hard to give BC credit for running hard 4 laps down ans not give Santos credit.
5 Likes: Bostonian, interpreter66, Racer12, rockstar5, team3521
cmakin (Offline)
  #57 5/28/14 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by 767:
Why didn't wilson just let Santos go once he caught him? Good spottr would have told him to let him go. It is hard to give BC credit for running hard 4 laps down ans nt give Santos credit.
Well, there is "running hard", and there is this:

DSC_7280 by cmakin, on Flickr

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
2 Likes: fish, luckybuc97
midget64 (Offline)
  #58 5/28/14 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by cmakin:
Well, there is "running hard", and there is this:

DSC_7280 by cmakin, on Flickr
If I didn't work for the 98 I would say his brakes faded but they worked great all night
2 Likes: fish, luckybuc97
Honest-Sam (Offline)
  #59 5/28/14 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by 767:
Why didn't wilson just let Santos go once he caught him? Good spottr would have told him to let him go. It is hard to give BC credit for running hard 4 laps down ans nt give Santos credit.

Santos had pitted for fuel and tires a few laps before this. We know this, as they were pitted beside us. Our spotter was watching the track well ahead of Jacob as to keep an eye out for wrecks. He wasn't watching Jacob. Just as the rest of us, who were watching Jacob, were about to tell Jacob to let Bobby go, the yellow came out.
4 Likes: 767, BrentTFunk, fish, Photochick
rockstar5 (Offline)
  #60 5/28/14 11:04 AM
It looks bad in the pic and I was watching it close but pretty sure we all have seen him run enough to know that Bobby wouldn't have crashed Jake. I don't think he should have been racing him that hard but Bobby knew who was in front of him I'm sure
2 Likes: Bostonian, team3521