IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chilli Bowl Beefs
1/15/13, 1:07 PM   #51
Re: Chilli Bowl Beefs
buckshot3448

you can complain all you want but it wont help. sammy is a setup guru. Esslinger already stated that there running the esslinger est motor that you can purchace for 19,000 complete. I wouldnt doubt his cars are light but also to light can hurt you on a dry slick track. I do agree with them needing to not start on the front row but then again 2 years ago i think it was sammy came from the back 3 times. You either love them or hate them ( most hate them) but the have talent and skills and just plain out figured the chilli bowl out. It wont last forever so enjoy while it last.

1/15/13, 1:17 PM   #52
c47

yes, their cars are light and when you couple that with the spec esslinger (less PH and better "drivability) they can hook those cars up. IMO and combined with sammys attention to detail, coaching abilty and set up and driving skills, you have a complete package. bondios cars are flyweight too and they have been quoted as having "enough motor for that track". and those cars finally showed something again this year. we use to run a heavy Q4 midget against all the latest stuff in ARDC. when the track and conditions were right, the car was really good and would always go forward even being 125 hp low and probably 200 pounds overweight. the trick was that the car didnt buzz the tires and would go forward. put it on a bigger, tacky track and it showed that it didnt have enough to compete. i think the swindells just have the perfect combination for the chili bowl track and have accomplished it by "thinking outside the box" and focusing only on what it takes to win races on THAT track.

1/15/13, 1:38 PM   #53
Roy Bleckert

[QUOTE=c47;315625]yes, their cars are light and when you couple that with the spec esslinger (less PH and better "drivability) they can hook those cars up.

This is what I do not get about the opposition to EFI in Sprints/Midgets , you get a crisper more efficient engine that is not washing down cylinders taking life out of the engine MechFuelIng/Carb yestertech mentality

Free EFI across the Board !

1 member likes this post: mscs20
1/15/13, 3:27 PM   #54
Steve Wendel

How would using rules that fit 99% of the midgets in the world hurt the Chili Bowl?

1/15/13, 4:03 PM   #55
Jerry Spencer

Just a thought, If you do not like the way it is done don't go or put up the time and effort plus a ton of money and do one the way you think is better.

With a packed house and a ton of cars the Chilli Bowl is a big hit the way it is.

We would love to get a shot at just being a part of the most exciting week in Jan. but the way things look that will not happen, we were checking the updates and Josh made the comment he would run for nothing just to be a part of the race.

J.M.O

Jerry #66j
stida.com

1/15/13, 4:21 PM   #56
Quick Change

Race Count This Year: 23
Race Count Last Year: 29

Chilli Bowl is a great event. i don't go anymore because I am always sick for a week or 2 after and it's not from alcohol.

1/15/13, 4:30 PM   #57
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Change View Post
Chilli Bowl is a great event. i don't go anymore because I am always sick for a week or 2 after and it's not from alcohol.
I just mentioned this to my wife. I have had the indoor racing sickness from one night's worth of racing - and no, not from drinking liquor or beer. So how do you feel after five nights in a row at the CB? Even if they have great ventilation there, I am too old and sickly to do it.

1/15/13, 4:43 PM   #58
Quick Change

Race Count This Year: 23
Race Count Last Year: 29

The ventilation is not that good. I have been there 5 times and have always come home with varying degrees of sickness. The last time I was very sick and decided not to go back. People have various remedies that are supposed to keep you from getting sick. None of those worked for me. Went to DuQuoin this past December and was fine. Fumes didn't seem to be too bad but the weather was nice and the doors were open all night. That probably helped and it was only 1 night. Very good racing for the size of the track. They should do that more often.

1/15/13, 4:46 PM   #59
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh View Post
It wont matter where they start. For five straight years they have been unbeatable which I think is great it makes people work harder and actually use there brains to come up with different setups/cars/drivers. If you want more rules and everything to be the same go watch nascar or indy car. Innovation is what this sport is build on and when you start taking that away anyone can win. No one should be able to buy the best stuff off the shelf and go fast it should take knowledge and experience from both the crew chief and driver. Setting rules where just the swindells cars are not legal is the chicken sh1t way out. People that whine and cry about people being to fast just want the fast guys slowed down to make themselves feel better. Its what we call racing the fastest wins end of story. So now everyone has a year to do research and work on there cars for next year. Man up pack a lunch and do work. Here to kevins drive for 5.

Posted via Mobile Device
So you're saying Sammy and Kevin are smarter/done more research than the top midget drivers/owners in the world? I don't think so. Those 2 cars are illegal in everywhere except the CB. During the winter, owners/drivers prepare their cars for their respective div. That doesn't make S/K smarter than them. Only Sammy has been dominant outside the CB. Kevin has been competitive not dominant. That is why I said earlier that at least 10 other drivers in those 2 cars would do the same thing. I say that if those 2 cars will pass PowerI/USAC inspections and they still do what they"ve done then hats off to them

1/15/13, 4:50 PM   #60
turn4rob

I'm a young 67 years old and this years Chili Bowl wore my old ass out ! I'll probably be back if I can get my butt in shape
I love the show but a little more track prep would be my only complaint,except for the Swindells stinking up the show
ROB

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chilli Bowl Beefs