IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It’s back!
9/25/24, 5:10 PM   #61
Re: It’s back!
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Another thought on this event and it’s the most troubling to me. I didn’t hear Robert’s interview. I’m a Robert fan. I like his outspokenness and always liked his skills. I do like that he speaks his mind. I think more should. But at this point I’ve heard it enough, so when they stick a microphone in his face, I don’t consider it anymore something that I have to hear. With all that being said I can’t think of anything more petty by a track owner than to shut down a racer’s souvenir trailer because what he said in an interview. I was told that happened this weekend at Eldora. I was there all weekend long. I watched every race run all weekend. Was the track great? No. Was it less than desirable? Yes. So you can’t be upset when someone criticizes it, especially a participant or paying customer. For a guy who came across as a tough “Foyt” like character most of his career, it appears sometimes he’s got pretty thin skin
I did not hear that they shut down his trailer, all were closed when I headed out after the start of the HL feature.

He wasn't foul mouthed, he basically said he thought Levi could bring it back to what it was, that right now it was not what Earl built. He also said that the wall was the cushion, great for winged cars but not so great for the non wings.

I know later he posted on twitter about Scotty Weir winning the B like he was driving on pavement.

OH, and you might want to check out a post of Sean Michael. Seems there is some discontent among the champ car set with the way they are being treated.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It’s back!