IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Opening Night USAC, Burg
4/6/14, 10:09 AM   #61
Re: Opening Night USAC, Burg
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

it was a good race for sure. a tad bit chilly if you ask me and freezing if you ask my wife and boys. it was a last minute decision to go yesterday and glad we did. Just wish Brady Short didn't bike it in 3 and 4 and lost 4 spots.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, racegal
4/6/14, 10:23 AM   #62
Jim Gardner

Clayton was the show in the B. Started 12th or so and worked to 7th and the caution came out- back to 9th. Then he made the transfer spot right when the red came out. But never got pushed back off. He was the only guy making any headway in the preliminary races but had a run of crappy luck.

1 member likes this post: johnnythunderhead
4/6/14, 10:42 AM   #63
dirt330

Great night to start the 2014 season. Looking at the fans in the stands most where dressed with proper winter gear.Good size crowd considering the weather. Hot laps , quals. and races were great . The sights, sounds,and smells of racing are back after a long long winter. Loved seeing my friends and meeting Eldora Mark in the Great Section A . Hats off to Dave and the entire Lawrenceburg staff for a job well done.
Last edited by dirt330; 4/6/14 at 10:44 AM.

4/6/14, 11:14 AM   #64
bmemmer

Thanks Dave for keeping the show running. Enjoyed the whole show and was home by 12:45 3 hours away. Makes me want to go back for more! hopefully see all of you for sprint week!

5 members like this post: dirt330, Gregg, johnnythunderhead, rightrear, Tim Watson
4/6/14, 1:12 PM   #65
Honest-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner View Post
Clayton was the show in the B. Started 12th or so and worked to 7th and the caution came out- back to 9th. Then he made the transfer spot right when the red came out. But never got pushed back off. He was the only guy making any headway in the preliminary races but had a run of crappy luck.
Seemed like a yellow or red came out every time he'd gain two or three spots and he'd have to give em back.

4/6/14, 8:52 PM   #66
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thanks to all of you that braved the temps and supported our sport! It was a great night of action packed racing. The track held up good considering we had 3.5 inches of rain a day earlier. It's been a really long winter and to finally have race cars on the track made my day! Thanks again for all of your support! See ya all again real soon.
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell
P.S thanks also to the entire staff! Everyone as always did a outstanding job!!

4/7/14, 5:46 PM   #67
BrentTFunk

I thought the track and USAC did a great job of running a quick program. I was in my car at 10:15. Great job on a cold night, and thank you for all the work to put the show on.

4/7/14, 11:01 PM   #68
Honest-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I thought the track and USAC did a great job of running a quick program. I was in my car at 10:15. Great job on a cold night, and thank you for all the work to put the show on.
What If it would've taken til ??? Being the MAJOR fan that you are, no joking around, what would have to say? Again, I say this with MAJOR respect.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/8/14, 4:31 PM   #69
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
What If it would've taken til ??? Being the MAJOR fan that you are, no joking around, what would have to say? Again, I say this with MAJOR respect.
Just paying a compliment. Shows that are run smooth are the ones that are going to keep the sport going. The people who go all the time will set through anything. The people we need to bring in won't. If it would have been 11 I wouldn't have complained, but probably wouldn't have complimented either.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, cwfan08, mc/rider, R A K
4/8/14, 4:49 PM   #70
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner View Post
Daron Clayton was definitely on the way to a transfer until he had mechanical woes.
Another car on the move was Landon Simon in the Mt. Baker Vapor #24 DRC. After having a tear off malfunction at the start of the race, which required a coasting stop, he went from 16th to 7th in six laps, missing the transfer by one position. Maybe another lap could have made the difference.

1 member likes this post: MWestfallfan54
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Opening Night USAC, Burg