IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
badgerfan (Offline)
  #61 3/16/12 9:28 PM
Don, put her in that beautiful white #10 and come to the Prairie this summer. We miss you!
aceace
  #62 3/17/12 2:16 AM
Originally Posted by dustbowl:
Hope she wins, don't understand why people are always bashing on her and hating on her. Is she the best driver? Absolutely not. Is she the best female race car driver in the history of auto racing? Most likely. It's a story. It generates interest. Even people watching just for the sake of people bashing her is still exposure and attention to the sport. Best of luck to her.
As one person said a long time ago "she just seems arrogant". That's really the only thing that's ever bothered me about her. Sarah Fisher was pretty tough in a sprint car and she has no enemies, sat on the pole at Kentucky. Wonder what would have happened in she had the money to back her? Danica has made me laugh a few times, other than that I could care less how she does. The top 10 drivers in NAPCAR have probably all had fuel mileage wins, so why not her. Prelude is a good charity event and they will raise more money because of her.
2 Likes: flatout18, I Miss Manzy
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #63 3/17/12 12:16 PM
No qualms about her ability to drive on blacktop. It what she says and the way she acts outside of the racecar when things aren't going good. There's almost always someone to blame, someone she would like to beat up (@ Indy) or her usual eye roll look to the sky why meeeeeeee thing. Act like a racer and you will be respected like one. IMO
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #64 3/17/12 4:44 PM
The sole purpose of this race is to raise money for charities. Last year I believe the race donated millions of $$ to childrens hospitals.

Some of you have overloaded your brain and your keyboard.

Posted via Mobile Device
18 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, davidm, Drtchsr, fifthwheel, FishBurger, Gregg, hoosierdaddy, I Miss Manzy, James Ferns, Jimmydiesel, K9Racer, mowerman, rdzsprint, speed bump, TQ29m, Xflagman
kidrock (Offline)
  #65 3/17/12 11:56 PM
She must be doing something right. She made 12 million last year. I bet she could care less what any of us think when she is making mo money then any of us lol.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #66 3/18/12 2:40 AM
I just watched some World of Outlaw LM champion quit for the second straight race at Florence once he got passed for the lead. IMHO Danica's got the bigger pair!

Charles Nungester
tamati (Offline)
  #67 3/18/12 9:47 AM
12 mil. maybe some mamory gland enhancement would help.
D.O. (Offline)
  #68 3/18/12 12:09 PM
Makes sense to bring the attention getting Danica to Eldora. She already has brought more attention to the race that ever before and that will help raise money. Sure there is other women racers but none have the following and Worldwide PR she has. SO it makes PR sense to do this. I can't wait to she her start practicing soon.
hoosierdaddy (Offline)
  #69 3/19/12 1:37 AM
This thread alone has 4 pages of concern. I think they did the correct thing to promote their charity race!
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #70 3/19/12 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
Taylor Ferns could run rings around these female drivers and most male drivers. She's the best female driver to come along in a long time.
Taylor Ferns is multi-talented, running both asphalt and dirt in a wide variety of vehicles. She ran second to Dave Darland at Kokomo last year and gave the veteran all he wanted. She has won more USAC races than any other female and won the 2011 D1 Midget title by a wide margin. She will run USAC National Midgets, Silver Crown cars, a pavement sprint car and CRA Stock Cars this year at the age of 16. And she deserves to be there.
3 Likes: dirtmom, dukadafloorit, oldfan49