Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #61 8/5/09 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by ClaytonYeley:
Hey now, Ya'LL quit making fun of us Kentucky folks...lol :2:
As long as ya gotta still down dare, Ya'll ahlright by us'ins

Charles Nungester
Osborn (Offline)
  #62 8/6/09 12:04 AM
I'm pretty sure I could have called this when this series was developing. Giving my input only led to Sam Sr. sending me a pretty nasty private message.

Way to go skipper...................................
Motormasher (Offline)
  #63 8/6/09 12:13 AM
I don't care if SCORA only has 2 cars left to show up and run, thats what the rules were made for at the begining of the season for and it should die or succeed at the end by its own rules.

Every dam body and their brother has been waiting for this very thing to happen and HERE IT IS!!!

Now everyone that wanted run this series next year, or start their sons out here don't know what to expect???

I still think its the BEST idea for a series yet and will succeed if THEY STAY WITH THEIR RULES!!!
But cut out the traveling!!! This series would be great as a support class on the BIG EVENTS.
zeroracer (Offline)
  #64 8/6/09 12:29 AM
I think i tried to suggest a weight break for aluminum motors at the beginning of the year... and i still think it would be a good idea, as long as all led added by alum motor cars is done between firewall and front axle centerline and maintained between the frame rails...
Motormasher (Offline)
  #65 8/6/09 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by zeroracer:
I think i tried to suggest a weight break for aluminum motors at the beginning of the year... and i still think it would be a good idea, as long as all led added by alum motor cars is done between firewall and front axle centerline and maintained between the frame rails...
NOPE cause I have seen those come off too many times and hit another car/driver. Then they got to take em off and weigh em to make sure their legit.

NO ALUMINUM MOTORS!!!
zeroracer (Offline)
  #66 8/6/09 1:57 AM
Originally Posted by Motormasher:
NOPE cause I have seen those come off too many times and hit another car/driver. Then they got to take em off and weigh em to make sure their legit.

NO ALUMINUM MOTORS!!!
If they are put on the car properly they dont come off... and they weights dont have to be taken off just the car has to be scaled....

just hear me out Usac's weight rule is 1175# w/o driver... add 100 lbs and that is a steel block weight with out driver... or should be darn close 1275 - 1300# w/o driver seems like a decent number does it not?

I dont know exactly what a steel block car weights race ready w/o driver.... somebody that has had a newer car with a steel block in it help me out....
Tim (Offline)
  #67 8/6/09 9:56 AM
Originally Posted by zeroracer:
If they are put on the car properly they dont come off... and they weights dont have to be taken off just the car has to be scaled....

just hear me out Usac's weight rule is 1175# w/o driver... add 100 lbs and that is a steel block weight with out driver... or should be darn close 1275 - 1300# w/o driver seems like a decent number does it not?

I dont know exactly what a steel block car weights race ready w/o driver.... somebody that has had a newer car with a steel block in it help me out....
Folks,

According to my scale my steel block motor weighs approximately 450 lbs with oil in the pan. I don't have any intelligence on the actual weight of an aluminum block motor, but it shouldn't be difficult to obtain that weight. I don't have a problem with adding weight to an aluminum block car as long as it's added in the motor compartment securely and close to the same difference in steel vs. aluminum blocks.

The problem, here, is policing(sp?) of the rule. At this point I don't know who, if anyone, is the SCORA tech inspector. But, also at this point, it really doesn't matter. SCORA has made their decision.

Tim Simmons

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Pushtruck:
Tim,

I am on vacation in Las Vegas and was unaware of this decision or any conversations concerning it. I have had many, many phones calls about this decision since it was posted, but none from Sam. I am in support of the concept of the Sprint Car Owners Racing Association and unfortunately all of the drivers who have been racing with the series that I have spoken to were not consulted either. My understanding when Sam and I sat down and discussed putting this series together was any major rules change was to be voted on by the drivers and/or drivers committee listed on the SCORA web site. That apparently didn't happen with this major decision.

I will make a decision on my future involvement with the series when I return to Indiana on Friday. I support the drivers of this series and their majority decision. None of the drivers committee members or steel block drivers I have spoken to are in favor of adding aluminum blocks to this "steel block only" series. The drivers are the ones who will ultimatley make or break this series with their support or lack there of.

We knew the inaugural season was going to be a building season and the support and numbers were steadily growing in the right direction. The racing was exceptional and I would like to personally thank the 30+ drivers who have supported this series when they could. This is a working mans series and I understand everyone cannot be at every race.

Joe Chambers
SCORA Race Director

OK, Joe - THAT'S IT - NO MORE VACATIONS FOR YOU !!!!!!:2:

No, Really - Thanks for your post and for confirming the previous conversations we've had concerning this. Please, either by cell phone or PM, let me or Jake know of your decision concerning this weekend, and the future.

Tim Simmons
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #68 8/6/09 11:40 AM
I don't care if SCORA only has 2 cars left to show up and run, thats what the rules were made for at the begining of the season for and it should die or succeed at the end by its own rules.

Every dam body and their brother has been waiting for this very thing to happen and HERE IT IS!!!

Now everyone that wanted run this series next year, or start their sons out here don't know what to expect???

I still think its the BEST idea for a series yet and will succeed if THEY STAY WITH THEIR RULES!!!
But cut out the traveling!!! This series would be great as a support class on the BIG EVENTS.
Motormasher,

Just a simple question. How many SCORA shows have you participated in this season?

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Motormasher (Offline)
  #69 8/6/09 1:53 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Motormasher,

Just a simple question. How many SCORA shows have you participated in this season?
EVERY DAM ONE OF EM!!!

I have been out trying to promote this series at every track Ive been to this year. Trying to get guys to get into it. So I don't have the money to get out yet, but I'm close, but whats that got to do with my opinion? How many races have you raced at Mud Packer, or any of the other guys that are on here?

Im at the point now where I really don't care anymore, my stuffs for sale if anybody is interested.
john3g
  #70 8/6/09 2:24 PM
EVERY DAM ONE OF EM!!!

I have been out trying to promote this series at every track Ive been to this year. Trying to get guys to get into it. So I don't have the money to get out yet, but I'm close, but whats that got to do with my opinion? How many races have you raced at Mud Packer, or any of the other guys that are on here?

Im at the point now where I really don't care anymore, my stuffs for sale if anybody is interested.

I would love to have you or any other team to come and run with us this Sunday.Your support would be greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread