IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week / Gas City ?
5/28/18, 2:03 PM   #61
Re: Sprint Week / Gas City ?
hoosier race fan

The infield inside turn 3 is just so far away from the grandstands on the outside, which may require a lot of temporary seating. Personally, I think it makes a lot more sense to put it inside turn 1. Much closer to the outside stands and they could use the garage area nearby.

5/28/18, 2:25 PM   #62
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
That said, wouldn’t it be better to have a one off show there and see how the track performs before we go about inserting it into biggest week of non-wing sprint car racing in the world?
Now that's a good idea, Nate. Run it in conjunction with the NASCAR weekend to get a litmus test on how it would work. AND (hit me below the belt if you wish) you might even pull in a bunch of NASCAR fans to watch the USAC show whilst they are at the track and in town.

I also feel bad that Gas City is on the outside looking in for this one.

5 members like this post: captrat, chase1989, Nate, nathans1012, PIT CART
5/28/18, 2:41 PM   #63
david mitchell
Banned

I think the general consenus is that Sprint week has outgrown Gas City.The faciliities ,especially the grandstand are too small.The infrastructure is just not there anymore.

1 member likes this post: dirttrackfan6371
5/28/18, 2:49 PM   #64
racefan20

I could go on for hours with questions pertaining to how they are going to put down an acceptable track for this show. What they need to expect is every sprint car in a 3 state area is gonna show up to run just because this is IMS. Not only are we going to have an untested track but probably 60-70 sprint cars there. If they are gonna do this is should have been IN ADDITION to Gas City not INSTEAD OF. Gappens has stuck his neck out to promote a track that likely would have been dark otherwise. Looks like it could be bad weather for his midget week date and they steal his sprint week date out from under him. Makes you wonder how he is gonna make it worthwhile to keep it open.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/28/18, 2:53 PM   #65
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
I think the general consenus is that Sprint week has outgrown Gas City.The faciliities ,especially the grandstand are too small.The infrastructure is just not there anymore.
David from what I am hearing from the fans I see at the track I DONT think there is a consensus that Sprint week has outgrown Gas City.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5 members like this post: cwfan08, dirttrackfan6371, oppweld, PIT CART, speed bump
5/28/18, 3:29 PM   #66
BrentTFunk

It has nothing to do with out growing Gas City. It has to do with more exposure for sprint car racing. The track will be fine as the people who are building know what they are doing. John, you were right about Gappens doing a good job at Gas City. He knew from the get go that he would not have SprintWeek. Just because people on here don't know a lot about what is going on doesn't mean people haven't already put a lot of work into it.

5/28/18, 5:00 PM   #67
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Now that's a good idea, Nate. Run it in conjunction with the NASCAR weekend to get a litmus test on how it would work. AND (hit me below the belt if you wish) you might even pull in a bunch of NASCAR fans to watch the USAC show whilst they are at the track and in town.
Wasn’t even thinking of that angle when I made my initial comment but completely agree with the point made.

Give the “stock” car fans that live and die with a series that’s fading a look at another type of racing. The sport still gets the exposure and maybe we get some NASCAR fans to defect (as if they’re not doing that in droves already). I have no doubt the crowd would be just as big as it would for ISW and there would still be plenty of support from the driver/owner side.

However, like I said previously, I’ll support ISW wherever the races are. People that know more about it than I do make the decisions, whether I like it or not. I just go to support the sport and my favorite drivers. Plus it gives me an excuse to take a week off work and drink my weight in beer and then some.

2 members like this post: dirt330, oppweld
5/28/18, 8:04 PM   #68
dirttrackfan6371

ok I'm confused on the July 20th thing for 1st night of sprint week someone on here stated it is on the sprint week t-shirt at IMS ok if it is why isn't USAC telling us where it is going to be at before putting it on a t-shirt cause on schedule says TBA and why is this a secret

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
5/28/18, 8:08 PM   #69
dirttrackfan6371

so it will be indy right I like to get the official word on this so start planning that is the question when is this announcement people plan for sprint week that is my question when is the official word

5/28/18, 10:28 PM   #70
dirt330

Odd that if it was on a USAC t-shirt no pictures have been posted.Just saying.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week / Gas City ?