IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Unfriendly Fan Rule
4/1/10, 6:30 PM   #71
Re: New Unfriendly Fan Rule
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter25 View Post
"USAC does not run enough races for this kind of rule."....from John Gurley's post above...

Well, if that were the case, most likely a USAC race would not occur on a day that would cause a conflict that would make USAC impose this rule.....kind of arguing against your own points.

Don't like the rule? Don't join USAC, run on Temporary Permits; they can't punish you for breaking a rule IF you're not a member of the club!
What?? After reading the rule I have concluded that it's a lot of smoke but very little fire. It reads tougher than it really is. As for my comment about the number of races I feel the WoO run enough that a driver or team owner wouldn't have enough off time to run a local show even if they wanted to and with their purse why would they! I don't blame them because they had to do something. The current way wasn't getting the job done.All that Don wanted was for someone to clarify the rule for him and BOOM it blows up into this. A friend mine says if he gets bored he just hops on here and just mentions his displeasure for a USAC rule or call that they made and then he just sits back and watchs this web site blow up.Its like watching Fox news when O'reilly has a Dem on.He doesn't really get anywhere but it is entertaining. I know, I know I'm gonna SHHHhhhh again.
Last edited by john3g; 4/1/10 at 6:33 PM.

4/1/10, 6:57 PM   #72
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
Doesn't The WoO have a rule like this also?
I tink they do Don Plus think they fine the driver and ower and take points away

4/1/10, 7:52 PM   #73
outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Well... Let's take the state of Illinois for example. I can only think of one track that is hooked to the big org. That means if you attend races in that state, don't look for any of the top 20 big org stars to show. That's just one example.
USAC doesn't give a damn about the fans in Illinois.

SCREW USAC! I wouldn't walk across the street to see one of their BS dog and pony shows. USAC is such a BS organization from what it once was. All they care about is money, money and more money. They shot themselves in the foot many times. Look USAC< this isn't 1950's and you aren't AAA.

USAC is becoming more like USUC every day.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
I have discussed this with a few people already, but I will hit the major point of this fund and rule from my point of view:
I see this as an effort to bring some value to the program and the driver's names. Now, USAC has the clout to demand more for tracks because they actually have the loyalty of a few name drivers. Knowing that the ante is up to have these drivers show, tracks will have to accommodate to have them.

I see the loyalty rule as a start to ease up on what the World of Outlaws have for their drivers. It is nowhere near as strict. It is a simple matter of economics for each driver to decide whether pursuing this NDC money is worth it to them.

For the car owner, the big picture of rising purses to attract these name drivers is better for them. Once purses go up at the USAC level, other areas seem to follow suit. I also have another theory that as the money goes up in this fund, more limitations could be put on drivers (for example, a pay minimum). If a track has to pay a certain amount to ensure themselves that these name drivers will appear, they will certainly be willing to do that, knowing that the fans follow those names.

For the fan? I see this as a way of paying back these guys for putting on the show. It pains me that these guys are forced to race for such small purses. I, for one, am happy to see that some guys who race their asses off in a BUNCH of events throughout the year are going to be paid off this year by the USAC NDC fund. I go to a lot of World of Outlaws and Late Model races and see guys who are the Dave Darland, Jerry Coons, Tracy Hines, or Levi Jones of their series making much, much more than our Sprint Car / Midget guys do. It's time to start getting those numbers in line.

I still can't see anything negative about it. Look at the big picture...

*** ever Kirk. Look at the big picture. The big picture is USAC thinks they are better than everyone else and they aren't jack sh*t.

4/1/10, 8:17 PM   #74
Seadog

Then why not just stay away outsider? No worries then, right?

4/1/10, 8:35 PM   #75
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlkyMadness View Post
Since USAC is trying so hard to emulate the WoO, does that mean they will become a publicly traded entity soon?

All joking aside, the ultimate goal is to increase sanction fee and (hopefully) driver payout. It's a marketing illusion to make the shows appear more meaningful and rare. As a fan, the end result that I see will be ticket prices increasing to match WoO. A few weeks ago I attended a WoO show and the tickets were $35.

Will everyone be up for paying this much? I don't know. The Outlaws can get away with it because they travel the entire country and only come to some areas 2-3 times a year. People can justify that. But, if you live in the Indiana area and USAC runs dozens of races there annually, can you afford it? This may be a boon to the local tracks. I know if I lived there, I'd take in the occasional USAC show but I spend most of my time at the weekly shows. For me, it's not about individual names, but about the type of racing. I'll go to a 410 non-wing show at Kokomo, Bloomington, Paragon, Waynesfield, etc, even if I didn't know any of the drivers.

Then again, maybe USAC is planning on running fewer races in their backyard and branching out? If so, good luck. While we know who the players are, most of the country does not know who they are. Could be a hard sell.

Reading Jerry's comments above, I'm guessing most of the drivers are for this. It's their Club and if they are happy with it, then they should do it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Time will tell if it was a good move or another toe blown off.
If USAC thinks people will pay $35 to see their 32 car show, they are finished.

4/1/10, 8:35 PM   #76
outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Then why not just stay away outsider? No worries then, right?
If someone like you support's it, I will stay away. Nice grown up thing by calling me arse sider. How long did it take for you to think that name up?

4/1/10, 9:20 PM   #77
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
I also went through my schedule to see if there were any races that I couldn’t make because of this rule. Guess what? There aren’t any. I will be at Sun Prairie when I can, run the POWRi races I can and a few others.

Jerry Coons
Glad to hear that you will be at the Prairie. There are very few things that I miss about Wisconsin, but the Prarie is deffinitely one of them.

4/1/10, 10:00 PM   #78
SpfldMile

I love USAC shows. They usually have the drivers I want to see, and the racing doesn't dissapoint. This rule won't change any of that, so in my opinion, why is it necessary? USAC doesn't race every Friday and Saturday, so why couldn't a guy go race somewhere else out of the ordinary on that Friday? True, it might only apply to a handful of guys, but any organizational rule that singles out a few is unfair. I love to hear Jerry and Casey's opinions both, they mean a lot.

Let's say I'm a promoter at a track that usually doesn't run USAC. If I have a Friday race and some of the big dogs show up, the place might be packed if the word gets out. I think I would be more likely to try to get a USAC race there in the future if I think I can fill the place.

My $.02

4/1/10, 10:03 PM   #79
Bryan Clauson

Out of 115 races on my schedule I built well before the rule came out, I have no conflicts.

BC

4/1/10, 10:05 PM   #80
PAW

DAMM, Go to the race,shutt up,stay home....quit ********

2 members like this post: interpreter66
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Unfriendly Fan Rule