IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Favorite TQ memory
2/15/09, 2:02 PM   #71
Re: Favorite TQ memory
Uncle_Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter23 View Post
Hi all - Figured I'd better jump in here and put in my 2 cents... I was fortunate to have been able to race with UMRA in 1991, 1992, and 1993...... It's always great to see a current or former UMRA'er at the racetrack. I sincerely appreciate those years, and thank everyone who allowed me the thrill of competing in UMRA.
Best wishes to everyone for a safe & competitive 2009.
Scooter Williamson

Hey Scooter, Don't forget our trip to Florida where you caught "Buster the Crab."

Charie Dwenger:O:

2/15/09, 4:06 PM   #72
Scooter23

Since this is a family-friendly site, I guess I'd better explain Charlie's post ...

We traveled to Florida for a short trip, and since I hadn't been there before I insisted on seeing the ocean (I know; I've lived a protected life). We found a hotel that had a parking lot that literally backed up to the ocean. I walked over to check it out, and while looking out into the waves hitting the rough rocks I spotted a small crab. As I had an aquarium back home, I knew I had to catch this rascal to take home as a pet. As I walked over the sea wall in my shorts and reached out to grab him, I lost my footing on the muck-covered rocks and did a double gainer across them and into the water. I did get the crab (who survived the trip home) but I was also instantly horribly reminded of the salt content in sea water as it seeped into the cuts and abrasions in my legs and knees.
Ah, good times....
Good to hear from you, Charlie - hope to see you this year sometime.

Scooter

2/15/09, 11:28 PM   #73
bigmojo5

Hey Uncle Charlie,
Remember the trip to Niagra falls when you and Ruble held me over the railing while I took pictures of the falls. Glad I didn't weigh 300 pounds then. You might have lost your hold. Don't think the park ranger was too pleased with us.

Also remember meeting Mike Osite and that Joey Payne's gang gave us a wake up call about 2:30 inthe morning on the way back to the room.

I still believe Larry's pavement car, with the paint job put on it by Andy Root, to have been the best looking race car I've ever seen. In any class, at any time. It's one of my all-time favorite cars. Dropping by the garage to talk to Larry and you and whoever else dropped in always meant a lot more to me than you realized. It helped keep my sanity.

Tell your mother hello. And if you have here e-mail, send me a private message.

Glad to see your going to be getting back into the TQ racing scene.
Jim Morrison

2/16/09, 10:09 PM   #74
Uncle_Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter23 View Post
Since this is a family-friendly site, I guess I'd better explain Charlie's post ...
<snipped>
Ah, good times....
Good to hear from you, Charlie - hope to see you this year sometime.
Scooter
Good to hear from you also! You can find me at all of the MTQRLs' races this year. Please look me up. I'll be up to my old tricks, so it won't be hard to find me. LOL

Do you still have Hanna? She would have to be old by now. Pretty cat.

Later,
Charlie Dwenger

2/16/09, 10:29 PM   #75
Uncle_Charlie

Hey Jim,

Long time no hear. Hope you are well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
Hey Uncle Charlie,
Remember the trip to Niagra falls when you and Ruble held me over the railing <snipped> Don't think the park ranger was too pleased with us.
Think about it Jim, back in the day, alot of people weren't pleased with us. LOL However, we DID have fun!

Quote:
Dropping by the garage to talk to Larry and you and whoever else dropped in always meant a lot more to me than you realized. It helped keep my sanity.
I do not understand how dropping by an insane asylum helped, but glad to be of service.

Quote:
Glad to see your going to be getting back into the TQ racing scene.
Jim Morrison
Thank you Jim, someone has to do it. Truth is, I love racing and its' people. I missed it. The good people at MTQRL made me an offer that I could not pass up... fun, fair racing, just the way it use to be.

Talk to you soon,

Charlie Dwenger

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Favorite TQ memory