IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #71 2/25/09 12:57 AM
Driver wise, Vogler, Foyt, and Hop Harrington.
Chuck (Offline)
  #72 2/25/09 10:30 AM
I have to go back to the late 40s & 50s when My dad took us to the 500 and the Litle 16th Speedway across the street from the big track. Midget drivers on the 1/4 mi back then were fearless. The big name drivers were there like AJ, the Unsers, the Duke, Paul Howe, Chuck Rodee, and many others. To find the best in racing you have to go to the begining the 40s & 50,s. There wasn't a track in Indiana we didnt go to, watching all types of racing. Got more to memember then I can write on. Thanks Dad.
Chuck
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #73 2/25/09 12:30 PM
Tommy Hinnershitz
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #74 2/25/09 4:12 PM
This is kinda easy for me my heroes are the 14 family members who have served this country in war & peace. It is also any and all Sprint, Midget and Dirt Champ car drivers past or present who have donned a helmet over the course of time.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Kyle
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #75 2/25/09 6:35 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
Tommy Hinnershitz
Damn...how old are you? :wink
David.
Joe Kidd
  #76 2/25/09 6:36 PM
All of them! They were POSSE at least one time in their lives! :O:
micro94 (Offline)
  #77 2/25/09 10:45 PM
I want to put this on here also for my father as he doesnt visit here very often.When I asked him this question heres what I got.Jimmy Davies,Jerry Richert,Herman Wise,Jim Hurtibuse,Don Nordham,A.J.,Roger McCluskey,Lee Kunzman,Jackie Howerton,Eddie Leavitt,Bobby Black,Butch Wilkerson,Dick Gaines and Calvin Gilstrap.And those are just the ones he said was before my time.
K9Racer (Offline)
  #78 2/25/09 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Russ:
Ray Kenens, Don Walker, Ron Fisher, Jim Elliott
Reading my mind!!!
Ray Kenens Jr.
trencherman (Offline)
  #79 2/25/09 11:19 PM
heros..My brother John (who was a member of the Darland 36d crew) . He used to say when looking forward to the weekend, borrowing a quote, "all things considered ,I'd rather be racing". My Dad , John, Uncle Bob , and Dave. some of the most wonderful people i have had a chance know. and to all those that strap themselves in race cars and let us share so much excitement .thanks
Butch47265 (Offline)
  #80 2/25/09 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by micro94:
I want to put this on here also for my father as he doesnt visit here very often.When I asked him this question heres what I got.Jimmy Davies,Jerry Richert,Herman Wise,Jim Hurtibuse,Don Nordham,A.J.,Roger McCluskey,Lee Kunzman,Jackie Howerton,Eddie Leavitt,Bobby Black,Butch Wilkerson,Dick Gaines and Calvin Gilstrap.And those are just the ones he said was before my time.
THANK YOU for putting my name with all of those SUPER STARS, that is quit an honor. Butch Wilkerson #1:angry-smiley-007::angry-smiley-007: