IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should blankets to mark seats be allowed days before the show?
Yes 54 23.08%
No 166 70.94%
special circumstances only 14 5.98%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
9/4/09, 4:10 PM   #71
Re: Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daboy View Post
I guess we are spoiled here. Our local track has plenty of seating and no REALLY BAD seats. No one does the blanket thing and we all seem to sit in our same seats that we allways sit in. I really do apreciate the info here tho so one day when I do come to Indiana I will know which tracks to go to and which one's not to go to. By the way I voted no. IMO if your blanket is down your butt should be on it, not sitting there while you are at home eating or doing something other than being at the track.
regardless of saved seats or not the racing at gas city is still normally top notch as with bloomington

9/4/09, 4:20 PM   #72
Daboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
regardless of saved seats or not the racing at gas city is still normally top notch as with bloomington
I have heard that. The only dirt track I have been to in Indiana is Terre Haute in 06 for the 4th of July deal they had that year. Other than being a bit dry I thought it was good.

9/4/09, 6:12 PM   #73
jonesy112

Ill go ahead and open a whole other can of worms......as someone that works on the car, I dont have an opinion on what they do as far as taking blankets down in teh spectator area, but I find it every annoying when people do it in the Pit Area grandstands. Nothing is more frustrating that spending half of the race trying to find a place to watch the race from after pushing the car up to the grid, only to find all the open seating is actually saved for someone thats not even in the stands at that point. It is usually not a issue at most weekly shows, but big events and esp. Chili Bowl it is the worst.

9/4/09, 6:38 PM   #74
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer View Post
I don't think blankets should be put down untill the gates open. As for the caution tape, I had to work the day ISW ran at Lawrenceburg, and after driving 2 hrs from Bedford got to the track just as hot laps were bwginning. the only seats that were left were the first 2-3 rows and a large section that was taped off with no one in it. Needles to say, the tape didn't stay up too long and we got a seat. Haven't been back and may not. At least at Haubstadt you can call ahead and get reserve seating. and at bloomington I can usually get the seats I want. Hopefully some track owners will look at the results of this poll.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats weird, we only sold tickets for half of what we seat? In 2010, all of section A will be reserved only, seats in section A will cost $3,899,000.00 per event. I thought i had a rough life, but this seat issue beats all my problems.
see you all tomorrow if there are any seats left?

9/4/09, 7:12 PM   #75
smith19

well there is this blanket in sect. "A" that's always there. it's like the guy pushes a button at his house and it rolls out. sneaky guy, i'm going to try to tap into his technowlegy tommorow night.

9/4/09, 8:54 PM   #76
Hamby812

Short and sweet....Haubstadt has the seating figured out never a problem gettin a good seat there.

9/4/09, 8:55 PM   #77
ByronMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
Thats weird, we only sold tickets for half of what we seat? In 2010, all of section A will be reserved only, seats in section A will cost $3,899,000.00 per event. I thought i had a rough life, but this seat issue beats all my problems.
Well, like I said one whole section was taped off wirh no one sitting in it. If you insist on playingFavorites, see what happens wheb only the favorites show up.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/4/09, 9:01 PM   #78
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Bozo, I can cover this. ONLY if fried groundhog is included in my twice a year trips to the Burg

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

9/5/09, 2:22 PM   #79
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Bozo, I can cover this. ONLY if fried groundhog is included in my twice a year trips to the Burg
No problem, all the hog you can eat for that price. Is there really any bad seats at Lawrenceburg? I can say all seats are a awesome view. I only have a problem with people saving a huge area and nobody even sits there. There is one guy that does this and we have talked about it. with over 6,000 seats there is not a problem here.
Take care, Dave

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
9/5/09, 2:22 PM   #80
FishBurger

Quote:
In 2010, all of section A will be reserved only, seats in section A will cost $3,899,000.00 per event.

Well, you're the boss Dave. But, I gotta tell ya, being retired on a fixed income, this will likely cut down on my cheeseburger and 50/50 ticket purchases.

And now, I must be off. Gotta go over and tape down blankets on the top two rows of the grandstand.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events