IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS/KISS at Tri-State Speedway tonight!!!
6/6/10, 9:11 PM   #81
Re: MSCS/KISS at Tri-State Speedway tonight!!
bballr4567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
There sure seems to be lots of haters on here. Right or wrong Ballou speaks his mind and vents his frustrations, and that's what makes him one of my favorite drivers. I wasn't there and didn't see what happened. I know that in the past Bland has never shyed away from making a questionable move, someone finally called him out on it. The dirty driving has gotten out of hand, Once again not saying this is one of those instances; But the only way it's going to stop is by putting a stop to it. There are a bunch of people who drive way over there heads but get away with it because people are afraid of the consequences. Robert is one guy who stands up when he has an issue and I commend that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael#81 View Post
You might want to watch the video of the MSCS/KISS highlights that Jackslash put on here earlier today.
Id take this advice in a heartbeat. There was ZERO dirty driving from either drivers. Robert got high going into one and ran over the cushion and then got back into the go pedal a little early causing him to pull an insane wheelie and then slam back down into the track and resulted in a flip.

I repeat, Bland did NOTHING wrong. Neither did Ballou. It was the actions AFTER the incident that has many people upset.

6/6/10, 9:27 PM   #82
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbrough4presidentgo53 View Post
HAHAHAHA anywho why isnt Memmer racing at his home track??? jw??? 15 minute drive to a 3 hour drive.....
Why go to Haubstadt and be a pack runner, when you can go to Lawrenceburg and win?

6/6/10, 10:41 PM   #83
38DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
There sure seems to be lots of haters on here. Right or wrong Ballou speaks his mind and vents his frustrations, and that's what makes him one of my favorite drivers. I wasn't there and didn't see what happened. I know that in the past Bland has never shyed away from making a questionable move, someone finally called him out on it. The dirty driving has gotten out of hand, Once again not saying this is one of those instances; But the only way it's going to stop is by putting a stop to it. There are a bunch of people who drive way over there heads but get away with it because people are afraid of the consequences. Robert is one guy who stands up when he has an issue and I commend that!
I was there and Bland didn't make a questionable move! As you said you weren't there so how can you say it was questionable? As far as Bland driving over his head, LOOK who ended up on their head with no contact, other than driving over the cushion and then standing on the fuel.

6/6/10, 11:54 PM   #84
stanbrough4presidentgo53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Why go to Haubstadt and be a pack runner, when you can go to Lawrenceburg and win?
Who did he beat again?? i forgot?

6/7/10, 11:36 AM   #85
on_the_edge

Besides Ballou being in the wrong this race there was another thing that was bothering.

After the drivers meeting Mo Will came on the intercom and said if you are not staged in the 10 min window you will be penalized something like 1 row for every minute you are late. Well the ten minute window came to a close and everyone was staged except DC. Everyone was then pushed off on the track and lined up doing the 4 wide salute when Clayton finally rolled out. After coming out he has to go to work area for a missing spark plug, now after all this he pulls onto the track and the officials award him his front row position. I think if they are going to make a big deal about being staged on time the rules should be enforced equally.

6/7/10, 1:11 PM   #86
cmiracingvids

I'm sorry, but I have to say something. The KISS website clearly does state that Robert Ballou pulled a spark plug wire off of Bland's car and for "that reason" was disqualified. But, earlier in this post...Ballou came on here and PERSONALLY said that he did NOT pull the spark plug wire off. I have to ask...who's right?? I'd like to think that KISS is right, but Robert knows what he did or didn't do. Someone's lying though.

I'd be curious to see what Robert has to say. He was disqualified, so it doesn't matter anymore what he says. Perhaps KISS officials thought him bending down to grab his raceiver was him pulling the wire off. I do know from personal experience that plug wires can come off during the course of the race. I've seen it happen. I don't know either way, so I'd like to know which is the truth.

Watching the video, however, I can say that the driving by BOTH drivers was hard and CLEAN. As someone else stated, Ballou drove up the track into Clauson at Eldora earlier in the year, and just took Clauson out. Bryan didn't do anything to Ballou to the best of my knowledge, and he probably should have. If Robert can't handle it happening to him, then he shouldn't do it to other drivers. Just saying.
Congrats to Jeff, he's one of my personal favorites.

Colin

6/7/10, 1:29 PM   #87
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbrough4presidentgo53 View Post
Who did he beat again?? i forgot?
You are missing the point.......He won $1500 at the burg vs. prob. 400 at TSS.

6/7/10, 1:31 PM   #88
midget96

well i know Jeff Bland Jr. personally, but if the plug wire had came off during racing then the car probably would have messed up during the race and he would have notice it sooner when he was in the winner circle getting out of the car then ballou came out there and bent over by Jeff's car and then Jeff noticed that the plug was undone so i am not saying anything because i was not there but that is supicious to me.

6/7/10, 2:22 PM   #89
Jerry Shaw

I'm pretty sure Robert Ballou lost his cool for a few moments, the other night, and did and said a few things that he wished he could take back. But, you don't get that chance. None of us do. The only thing is, when we lose our cool, it doesn't happen in front of a thousand people or so. And if memory serves me correctly, this is the same guy that spent the first part of this week traveling to Missouri to attend the funeral of his good friend. One who died unexpectedly, tragically, at a very young age. And I know how much it shook me, when the realization set in that Jesse Hockett was gone. And I'd only met him a couple of times. It had to be profoundly upsetting to a guy that was as close to him, as Robert was. He did a real good job, the week before, at the same track, telling the rain drenched crowd just who Jesse Hockett was and what was so special about him. And I don't remember any of the people who are being judgmental now, saying good things about him then.

So maybe Robert hit a mental slick spot, for a few moments the other night. But just maybe he had a real bad moment, at the end of probably one of his worst weeks ever. It's worth consideration, IMO.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/7/10, 3:49 PM   #90
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I'm pretty sure Robert Ballou lost his cool for a few moments, the other night, and did and said a few things that he wished he could take back. But, you don't get that chance. None of us do. The only thing is, when we lose our cool, it doesn't happen in front of a thousand people or so. And if memory serves me correctly, this is the same guy that spent the first part of this week traveling to Missouri to attend the funeral of his good friend. One who died unexpectedly, tragically, at a very young age. And I know how much it shook me, when the realization set in that Jesse Hockett was gone. And I'd only met him a couple of times. It had to be profoundly upsetting to a guy that was as close to him, as Robert was. He did a real good job, the week before, at the same track, telling the rain drenched crowd just who Jesse Hockett was and what was so special about him. And I don't remember any of the people who are being judgmental now, saying good things about him then.

So maybe Robert hit a mental slick spot, for a few moments the other night. But just maybe he had a real bad moment, at the end of probably one of his worst weeks ever. It's worth consideration, IMO.

Jerry
Thank goodness for people like you.

1 member likes this post: JBallou
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS/KISS at Tri-State Speedway tonight!!!