IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IOW DO Racin-Fest tonight updates
4/10/11, 3:10 AM   #81
Re: IOW DO Racin-Fest tonight updates
cope42

we wanted to see racing tonite and by golly we seen racing i commend all those guys for putting on the show for us die hard race fans they all were up on the wheel tonite ya it was along night but it was worth it have a good night everybody

1 member likes this post: bighd0522
4/10/11, 3:33 AM   #82
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Pussed out

4/10/11, 3:46 AM   #83
burris7555

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
Seen that they towed off a bomber using two tow trucks. One tow truck pulling the other towing the bomber. Also, seen on Lloyd Walls facebook that 6 cars took the start and pulled off the track (make that up to 10). Good night all, going to bed now.
I just so happen to get a photo of this shenanigans! It was by far one of the worst nights I have had at a race track! Nobody was prepared for the event that was to take place. I decided to stay to watch the race because it will be the last time I ever give the folks at Lincoln Park anymore of my money!

4/10/11, 9:12 AM   #84
throb

so what happened??? did they even run the feature or am i just missing it somewhere on here?

4/10/11, 9:17 AM   #85
terrehautian

I left at 11:20 and they had just finished heats, they did run the feature, but the super stocks feature was ran around 2am?

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by burris7555 View Post
I just so happen to get a photo of this shenanigans! It was by far one of the worst nights I have had at a race track! Nobody was prepared for the event that was to take place. I decided to stay to watch the race because it will be the last time I ever give the folks at Lincoln Park anymore of my money!

I want to add that they are normally a lot better on most things, but new dirt and rain made it a bad night.

4/10/11, 9:43 AM   #86
Pitpass

Attachment 3909

Congratulations DD
Last edited by Pitpass; 9/17/11 at 10:55 AM.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, racegal
4/10/11, 10:08 AM   #87
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitpass View Post
Attachment 3909

Congratulations DD
Nice picture, sure makes it cool to see a little mud on his helmet.

4/10/11, 11:37 AM   #88
DruLay20

Even though I feel like poopoo because of lack of sleep, all and all Putnamville did have it's fun moments!
The big one being Dave Darland "WINNING DUH". Brad. DO and the girls in the tower made a long night a fun night! Thanks for all the help and the entertainment last night! You guys do a great job up there!

Dru Laycock

4 members like this post: IndyBound, jerrythar500, racegal, SprintManDave
4/10/11, 11:54 AM   #89
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I hate reading all that. Sounds like a big effort was put in, but sometimes it's not enough. I drove through a lot of rain on the way back from Eldora so I didn't take the chance of another night of fighting delays because of wet. This weekend was just one to write off (Burg sounded positive), happens. All you can do is try again next week.
Posted via Mobile Device

4/10/11, 12:38 PM   #90
D.O.

A very big THANK YOU to all the fans who stuck out a rough night at the track. You got to see some racing and other funny shitz on the track.

Thank You to the drivers who came and raced. Ya some went home but many stayed. If I had a car it probally would of start & parked. Track has lots of new dirt and took a lot of water and was a handfull for all.

Another big THANK YOU to my supporters of the Racin' with D.O. races, know as our Sponsors! They in a short amount of time sponsored the Lap Money in Sprints and Hero & Hot Dog Qualifing. Also you covered many of the Modified laps too. THANK YOU!

Biggest THANK YOU goes to Joe Spiker and crew. It could of been very easy to of packed in early like 1:30. But with other stuff cancelled, the rain had stopped at 11:30 and the sun shining Joe Spiker gave it a shot and started rolling the track. Well the great idea turned out to a long night for all. I was there at 1:45 till 2 something.
But if he would of pulled the plug and the day was sunny and dry the rest of the day many would of said why? it's sunny and dry!

Hero & Hot Dog Qualifing will be held at a later date TBA. It was my idea to bag that early in the day to speed up the night.
Regular every car taking time was never a part of this event.

So thanks to all and I'm very sorry the night took so long and Thanks for being a part of the IOW/Racin' with D.O. Racin'-fest.

D.O.

Video at the show on Monday

PS Big Thanks to John Dadault for putting up $100 for Hard Charger Award than went to Shane Hollingsworth.
Last edited by D.O.; 4/10/11 at 3:05 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IOW DO Racin-Fest tonight updates