IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
6/30/24, 5:02 AM   #1
Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
Hubie48

Robert inferred that one or more competitors cars where found illegal due to ballast being ahead of the front axle?

Which "competitor" and which race was he talking about? I scrapped thru the Internet and found ZERO information.

One thing about Robert, you can always count on him to have something to say!

4 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, Fat RR, flagboy55, nathans1012
6/30/24, 10:23 AM   #2
macngravy

I believe it was from Friday night. Bacon and Moles both had weight bolted under the front torsion bars, which is clearly illegal but USAC let it slide. Why have rule book if you are not going to follow it. I think that all the teams and drivers want a fair playground plain and simple. I personally think that the USAC 410 non-wing is the best racing of any race class. They should have a much bigger following of drivers and teams with bigger payouts, but that won’t happen with inconsistency of USAC.

6/30/24, 10:30 AM   #3
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

The tech guy DQ’d them but someone higher up at USAC reversed the decision. A friend of ours went to the driver’s meeting Saturday and said Ballou was very vocal, along with others. Understandably so, the other drivers were demanding a response only to hear nothing can be done about it until Monday. So we will wait on the edge of our seats to see what happens….or doesn’t.

6/30/24, 10:48 AM   #4
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Very bad decision by USAC. You cannot selectively enforce rules and expect that to be tolerated.

6/30/24, 10:59 AM   #5
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
FALCONEDDIE

Will be watching to see how this all plays out. Good for ROBERT for speaking up! It's BS!

6/30/24, 11:26 AM   #6
The Old Coyote

Hmm, sounds like what happened to the seventh commandmant on the barn wall in George Orwell's Animal Farm!

2 members like this post: flagboy55, stp6237
6/30/24, 11:52 AM   #7
sp6967

Last edited by sp6967; 6/30/24 at 12:00 PM.

6/30/24, 11:55 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Where was the IRON MAN?

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
6/30/24, 11:59 AM   #9
sp6967

if someone would take time to read the usac master rule book, it states on page one" this rule book can be changed without warning".

6/30/24, 12:17 PM   #10
Kart#51

Wait, what? This really happened? I’m flabbergasted, USAC would never alter the rules to protect their protected drivers.
Sounds like Tiregate part Deaux!

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, rimrider69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon