IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IOW Night at The Lawrenceburg Speedway
12/18/07, 5:42 PM   #1
IOW Night at The Lawrenceburg Speedway
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

I am wanting some imput on IOW Night for 2008. Is anyone interested in donating cash for a IOW night sprint car winner. I also had an idea of maybe having a all star show on that night. members here would place a vote on who they would like to see in a feature race. We could race a shootout style race with the top votes starting on the tail. Maybe start 10 cars. Just tossing the idea around and want to get some feedback about how IOW's would like to handle this. Its our (IOW) race night and we (IOW) will make the rules!!
Also what date would work best besides special shows for everyone.
We will not make everyone happy, but my goal is to make the majority happy.
Lets have fun with this and put on a great special race within a race.
We could make this a annual event, called the IOW Indiana All Star Race.
Thanks, Dave Rudisell

12/18/07, 5:48 PM   #2
Re: IOW Night at The Lawrenceburg Speedway
Gaines #1 Fan

Sprint cars ONLY gets my vote:applaud::pissonwings:

12/18/07, 5:50 PM   #3
Gregg

Hate to do this to you but it is your call. I am 99.999% sure I will be there regardless of the date. I'm sure most dates, especially early in the season will conflict with something. That's just the way it is.

Whatever format gets the nod is okay by me. Donating cash would be okay too. How about a hard charger award in cash too like we were doing a couple years back for a time?

12/18/07, 5:53 PM   #4
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Yes Sprint cars only for the IOW stuff, but there will be a couple of other classes running that night.
Thanks

12/18/07, 6:21 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Heres my Idea. Run it right up against the Kings Royal or Knox Nationals (Prob not Knox due to mass midget racing that time of year) Charge 15 bucks with with 3 grand to win 500 to start, Run TQ's and Bombers to round out the show. 30laps, Non wing of course
Free fountain drinks to anyone with a IOW shirt or hat, Skip the discount and keep it for the purse and Give Bill G's Graphics bizz a holla on the PA.

Chuck, who will be greatful for anything, just throwing Ideals out there. I doubt there will be a problem gettin car count against Kings Royal, Fans. When Mel did it paying 5 grand it was about regular turnout but he charged much more then for specials like 17 for a 5 grand to win race and 22 for the HFC. He also got 2 bucks for parking in the fairgrounds area for a time

12/18/07, 6:25 PM   #6
1BIGracefan

cant be kings royal week USAC sprint week time I say middle August always slow.

12/18/07, 7:04 PM   #7
Dwight Clock

August 2nd, the night before USAC @ Salem. Sprints and no more than two other divisions. Sell laps @ $20 per, give trophies or plaques to all sprint car winners (heats, B, and Feature) and have them presented by a different IOW member each race such as 'Burg regulars Marv, Dan, Danny B, Hoover, Chuck, etc. I'll be busy doing my security thing with the 50/50 girl.:rolling::kookoo2::rolling:

12/18/07, 7:16 PM   #8
dirtnonwingfan

I love this idea. This is just an initial thought following up on Dwight's comment about trophies. I think it is so neat at Oskaloosa having the heat winners get trophies and then giving them to a kid in front of all the fans. Surely something the kid will remember for a lifetime. More ideas to follow. Keep it up!

Frank Daigh

12/18/07, 7:19 PM   #9
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
August 2nd, the night before USAC @ Salem. Sprints and no more than two other divisions. Sell laps @ $20 per, give trophies or plaques to all sprint car winners (heats, B, and Feature) and have them presented by a different IOW member each race such as 'Burg regulars Marv, Dan, Danny B, Hoover, Chuck, etc. I'll be busy doing my security thing with the 50/50 girl.:rolling::kookoo2::rolling:
That was well said,i think this is a great idea..

"{If You Find Your Self Upside Down,That Means You Went Over The Edge}"

"{Dont Let The Fear of Flipping Get In The Way Of Winning}"

12/18/07, 7:26 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

I mentioned the TQ midgets and the Pure Stocks to keep the overal cost of the show down with the fans staying happy with a additonal open wheel and *GOOD* show from both divisions along with the Sprints.
Chuck, Electing Marv Fish as Grand Marshall

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IOW Night at The Lawrenceburg Speedway