IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > David Nearpass Inside The Turn Magazine
8/14/24, 7:30 PM   #1
David Nearpass Inside The Turn Magazine
David Nearpass

Introducing a new magazine focusing on my racing photography titled Inside The Turn. I have been inside the turn of racetracks most of my life. First as a youngster in the infield at Terre Haute, then as a sprint car crewmember and finally for over forty years as a photojournalist and writer. The first issue of Inside The Turn includes a pictorial of USAC’s 2024 Indiana Midget Week, a story about Champion Daison Pursley, and a number of images from my archives. I intend to publish a new issue quarterly. You can preview the current issue and order a copy directly from the publisher using the link below.

I hope you will take a few laps with me,

David Nearpass

http://www.blurb.com/b/12064556-inside-the-turn

8 members like this post: 2fast4u, Bob Parker, cmakin, dirtybob29, Hubie48, K9Racer, oppweld, Russ
8/14/24, 9:27 PM   #2
Morgan7m

David
World Class Work and Effort! I have admired your work for over 30 years. Your hard work and your love for dirt track racing has made you a first class photographer as well as a writer. This new effort is amazing! Thank you for sharing. I will be signing up.

Also, thank you for wrenching me and pit crewing me years ago back in the Ben Bowen owned “Bowen Oldsmobile” car. Great times years ago and you’re still going strong and positively impacting many drivers, owners and sponsors lives.

Keep up the great work!

Personally, I believe you should be considered in the near future to enter Hall of Fames, especially the Sprint Car Hall of Fame.

8/14/24, 9:39 PM   #3
Re: David Nearpass Inside The Turn Magazine
David Nearpass

Thank you Ray. I appreciate your kind words and yes, so many fond memories of those days. I miss Doug Auld and seeing my work in Sprint Car and Midget Magazine. In this digital world I believe there are still those who would like to have a book/magazine in hand. Issue #2 will cover Indiana Sprint Week, some oldies from my archives and more.
David

1 member likes this post: oppweld
8/14/24, 10:21 PM   #4
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Nearpass View Post
Thank you Ray. I appreciate your kind words and yes, so many fond memories of those days. I miss Doug Auld and seeing my work in Sprint Car and Midget Magazine. In this digital world I believe there are still those who would like to have a book/magazine in hand. Issue #2 will cover Indiana Sprint Week, some oldies from my archives and more.
David
" In this digital world I believe there are still those who would like to have a book/magazine in hand"
That would be me!

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, toprowjim
8/14/24, 11:14 PM   #5
David Nearpass

Hi ...
Hope you'll give Inside The Turn a look! You can preview the magazine by clicking on the link.
Thanks!
David

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
8/15/24, 7:51 AM   #6
streetglider

David , how long does a subscription last for $25 ? Does that cover one year or is it $25 each quarter ?

8/15/24, 11:44 PM   #7
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
David , how long does a subscription last for $25 ? Does that cover one year or is it $25 each quarter ?
Thats what I want to know too.... $25 for a subscription, or one issue?

8/16/24, 11:45 PM   #8
David Nearpass

Hi ...
Hope you'll give Inside The Turn a look! You can preview the magazine by clicking on the link.
Thanks!
David

8/16/24, 11:47 PM   #9
David Nearpass

Hi ...
Inside The Turn is $25 per issue. Hope you'[[ check it out. October is in the works and will feature ISW and a number of oldies from my archives.
Thanks!
David

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > David Nearpass Inside The Turn Magazine