IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robin Miller Open Wheel & Toyota
11/20/07, 5:22 PM   #1
Robin Miller Open Wheel & Toyota
D.O.

We have talked about this on the show since the middle of the summer. Watch out here they come!!!!!! Robin has a great story on Jerry Coons Jr too.
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/oval/auto/41729/

MORE USAC FOR TOYOTA

After successfully launching its USAC midget program in 2006, Toyota is increasing its participation to sprints and Silver Crown cars.

Rick and Kevin Gerhardt

11/20/07, 8:36 PM   #2
Re: Robin Miller Open Wheel & Toyota
sprntr

"Toyota is increasing its participation to sprints and Silver Crown cars."

I don't see anything about Silver Crown plans. Do I need an eye exam?

11/20/07, 8:43 PM   #3
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
"Toyota is increasing its participation to sprints and Silver Crown cars."

I don't see anything about Silver Crown plans. Do I need an eye exam?
No doubt the SC plans will be detailed in another press release. It will be interesting.

11/20/07, 9:17 PM   #4
kstudley57

If i'm correct in my thinking, USAC pavement sprints on the west coast run 360 engines, which is very similar to a silver crown engine. My guess is that we won't see a 410 toyota for a couple months until they get the 360 engine far enough along. Personally, if the toyota sprint/ crown motor cost anything remotely close to what the toyota midget engine does ($50,000 from pink when i called) it will be a very very tough sell. Yet another issue we will all have to just wait to see how it pans out....

kstud

11/20/07, 9:41 PM   #5
Rex W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstudley57 View Post
If i'm correct in my thinking, USAC pavement sprints on the west coast run 360 engines, which is very similar to a silver crown engine. My guess is that we won't see a 410 toyota for a couple months until they get the 360 engine far enough along. Personally, if the toyota sprint/ crown motor cost anything remotely close to what the toyota midget engine does ($50,000 from pink when i called) it will be a very very tough sell. Yet another issue we will all have to just wait to see how it pans out....

kstud
Anything from Pink has $15,000 added on top. Thats the only place i have heard of that charges $10,000 to replace a head gasket.

11/20/07, 10:39 PM   #6
D.O.

Stud yer right in the 360 on the west coast pavement cars. That's why their starting there and the engine is already approved for SIlver Crown. ALL Toyota Truck engines in NASCAR are finish as of now. They have to run a different engine next year. So look for a lot of those to come in sprints and probally a fair price.
MOPAR tried to get their NASCAR Truck engine approved but only got the heads approved so far.
How about a 410 Toyota at Kokomo or any local track?? Cool.
:checkered:

11/21/07, 7:02 AM   #7
dirtywhiteboy

[QUOTE=D.O.;18486]We have talked about this on the show since the middle of the summer. Watch out here they come!!!!!! Robin has a great story on Jerry Coons Jr too.
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/oval/auto/41729/

MORE USAC FOR TOYOTA

After successfully launching its USAC midget program in 2006, Toyota is increasing its participation to sprints and Silver Crown cars.

Rick and Kevin Gerhardt

11/21/07, 8:10 AM   #8
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemidgetfan View Post
why? iirc yoda build more cars in america than gm
If MOPAR, Esslinger, and Ed Pink motors haven't done enough to raise engine prices beyond any reasonable level this will sure do the trick.

Also one more thing I have been thinking about. Who would consider the Toyota midget motor program a success? I guess I see success on the level of having a motor being run by teams and winning with them. Lewis hasn't exactly been kicking names and taking ass with these high priced engines.

11/21/07, 12:30 PM   #9
D.O.

TOYOTA TO DEBUT 360 SILVER CROWN/SPRINTCAR ENGINE

AT 67th ANNUAL TURKEY NIGHT GRAND PRIX

TORRANCE, Calif. (Nov. 20, 2007) - Toyota announced today that it will expand its USAC involvement to include engines developed for Sprint Car and Silver Crown competition beginning with the upcoming Turkey Night Grand Prix at the Irwindale Speedway, Nov. 22.

Toyota began its USAC National Midget Series participation in 2006, scoring four victories with Steve Lewis

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robin Miller Open Wheel & Toyota