IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #1 9/20/15 11:30 AM
Disclaimer:
I am in no way connected or affiliated whatsoever with Flat Out Magazine.

Despite the articles on wings
Flat Out (basically a wing magazine, In the past) has really improved immensely. They seem to still do the wing but have really expanded the driver & non wing presence.
This month I have read through more articles of interest on Robert Ballou (October cover Photo), Jack Hewitt, Tyler Walker, George Snider, Indy Sprint Week and tons of photos in the sprints we watch.
Well worth the money. About $3.00 an issue. Kudos to all involved. I know Dean Mills & Kevin Oldham contribute & possibly have influenced their direction. Thank you gentleman!

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
13 Likes: billwill, BrentTFunk, DAD, dirtnonwingfan, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jballou12, racegal, racephoto1, Russell Ficklin, spicoli, Stephen Cording, tubemaster
Stephen Cording (Offline)
  #2 9/20/15 2:47 PM
Just like 'Wing' racing, wing magazines are boring. Go Non-Wing. Go excitement.

Just saying.

UK USAC fan.
11 Likes: Charles Nungester, cmakin, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, ISF, jim goerge, Latemodel0, luckybuc97, mowerman, Task Force
jim goerge (Offline)
  #3 9/20/15 3:03 PM
Originally Posted by Stephen Cording:
Just like 'Wing' racing, wing magazines are boring. Go Non-Wing. Go excitement.

Just saying.
Statements like this is why this guy and his wife cross the big pond 4 5 times a year. It sure isn't for wing racing.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, mowerman, racephoto1, Stephen Cording, Task Force, WinglessLovers
davidm (Offline)
  #4 9/20/15 3:06 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Statements like this is why this guy and his wife cross the big pond 4 5 times a year. It sure isn't for wing racing.
I can understand why someone would do that!
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Stephen Cording
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #5 9/20/15 4:11 PM
I prefer non wing, but to all you haters on wings, take a look at the last 5 laps of Canadian sprint national last night on you tube. You would be proven wrong
Puppy (Offline)
  #6 9/20/15 4:35 PM
Why cant it be just about SPRINT CARS? Why can it be about RACING? Why do people constantly have to pipe up and divide it up? Wings-Non-Wing.... Dirt- Pavement.... Big tires-Small tires The Old Days-Today....
15 Likes: 4t4, Can26, cleatziff, CTtoPA, DAD, interpreter66, jerrydt, PIT CART, racephoto1, RadRacer, Rich Mersereau, ronmil, Russ, sprinter6, stealth43k
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #7 9/20/15 6:16 PM
I love dirt track racing but I love all the great things that are racing and love reading all the great things that we all love. It is great for the fans and I am glad to be a member of iow and thanks to bill and Mrs g. To make this happen. Thanks.
4 Likes: jim goerge, Mrs G, PIT CART, Scooter
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #8 9/20/15 6:43 PM
There's Full up Midgets, Traditional Sprints and Champ cars.

And then there's Everything else......................... That aren't.

Charles Nungester
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #9 9/20/15 9:10 PM
Holy crap people!
I'm a racing fan. I'm not a big wing fan but don't hate them.
I will just say this before I unsubscribe from this thread.

This thread certainty did not go the way I intended. My God. It was about the reinforcement and credit to a media outlet and their staff for recognition of the traditional/original side of the sport and its personnel. If that keeps you from supportlng this media then you are part of the problem.
"United we stand, divided we fall."

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
13 Likes: 4t4, Bill May, Can26, Charles Nungester, erich45, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, Kansasdirtfan, Peterman, RadRacer, rclaridge, stealth43k, wrtracing
cmakin (Offline)
  #10 9/21/15 5:17 AM
In the words of Mr. King, "Can't, can't we all just get along?"
'

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.