IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your Favorite Graphics Design?
2/20/08, 12:26 PM   #1
Your Favorite Graphics Design?
RACEADDICT

I am currently looking for ideas on some new graphics for my paint scheme this year. My car has always been solid black and I am looking to spruce it up with some color and graphics this year. Just wondering if any of you had any photos of some cool car designs and graphics that I may draw some inspiration from. Have a great graphics guy but I need to give him a direction to go. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2/20/08, 1:05 PM   #2
Re: Your Favorite Graphics Design?
young oltimer

look at some pics of the 60's indy roadsters and some of the sprints and midgets. There was some neat paint jobs back then.

2/20/08, 2:24 PM   #3
wbr

Ask Bill Gardner to do something for you, his work is top notch. He could even wrap your car like his truck with some tiger stripes or something.:thumb

2/20/08, 4:38 PM   #4
RACEADDICT

Wow, That truck is awesome. Keep them coming. Thats what I am looking for. Ideas and people who can do that. Thanks Mark

2/20/08, 5:23 PM   #5
Okie Greg

Check out http://www.victory-lane-graphics.com Lots of pics

2/21/08, 9:14 AM   #6
Al Soran

RaceAddict,

Go with "less is more." Nearly every car out there these days is wrapped with flames, scallops, splashes, tribal markings, etc. Think to yourself about the sharpest race cars of our time, and what did they look like. Think about Sammy's black TMC Trucking car, gorgeous. Simple. Regardless, try to post a picture on here when you get it done so we can see what you came up with. Good luck this season, I think we're all ready for it.

2/21/08, 10:22 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

This Hydro Graphics stuff looks really cool. Instead of wrapping you basically dip the stuff. Camaflauge, weeds, anythings possible.

However Im with Al Soran on this one, Sometimes less is more. The 53 painted in its full scheme which is pretty simple is actually beautiful to me

2/21/08, 11:14 PM   #8
ShaneMugavin57

My kids were watching a cartoon the other day where they were building a soap box derby car and were arguing over a paint job. One wanted bunnies while the other wanted flames. The compromise was a paint job with bunnies on fire of course. I remember thinking that would look cool on a racer.:rolling:loser:

2/22/08, 12:25 AM   #9
Joey Woods

If you wan't to stand out with todays crowd have it hand lettered by an oldtimer. **** a buncha vinyl! :thumb

2/22/08, 2:19 AM   #10
zeroracer

hand painted.... its an art... and its the only way to go.... hey it cost more but its soooo much cooler to have a painted car than a sticker....JMO

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your Favorite Graphics Design?