IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Copper on Dirt
10/30/07, 2:41 PM   #1
Copper on Dirt
Dyno Don

Is there going to be a Copper on Dirt next Feb? I heard rumors that it would be Feb. 15-16.

I hope they run again, it was a ball. It was so neat to see Midgets, Sprints and Silver Crown cars in Feb.

It is a real shame that NASCAR and The IRL screwed up the original Copper Classic. That was always a great show. But the Copper on Dirt was pretty good last year.

10/30/07, 2:52 PM   #2
Re: Copper on Dirt
Pine

We had a great time last year as well. But i'd like to see two changes made to that race, if they run it:
1) Make it a three day show. A two day show just seems like you get off the plane and your getting right back on.
2) Run features every night. Going to a race and not seeing a feature is like going to a rainout.

If its' a two day show next year, I might do 6 nights of racing in Florida with the late models:doh:. We'll see what happens.

I forgot to add, them two changes are JUST MY OPINION....:checkered:

10/30/07, 6:38 PM   #3
Re: Copper on Dirt
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

As a fan it's just my opinion and not dictation,

However I feel USAC needs more exposure of it's SC and Midget fields. There are some hot beds, Some staples but SW indiana used to be a staple for midgets. SC's Run once maybe twice a year in the area.

Terre, A Large PA track and Manzy would be great EVENTS that they could possibly get some media to bite at

Chuck, who misses NAMMARS

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Copper on Dirt