IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stewart-Haas Racing
7/9/08, 1:07 AM   #1
Stewart-Haas Racing
D.O.

ESPN is reporting that on Weds. it will be annouced that Stewart has joined with Haas Racing making Stewart-Haas Racing and Ryan Newman is coming along too.

Stewart is part owner and got paid enough to make him the highest paid driver in Nascar.

Maybe Stewart will get the #70 Haas number, like Dizz Wilson had?

Look for more today.

:dologob:

7/9/08, 1:13 AM   #2
Re: Stewart-Haas Racing
D.O.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...92290&n8pe6c=1

Link to espn video report
:dologob:

7/9/08, 1:29 AM   #3
Blackduce

I think it will come out that Hendrick will own a part as well as Newman.

Lynn

7/9/08, 2:40 AM   #4
Millsvideo

A lot of people were asking why Ryan Newman was at Eldora with Tony during the Border Wars event there...If this is true above, then now you know.

DM

7/9/08, 5:22 AM   #5
hoosierhillbilly

A few things.

First I hope that with Tony buying into a cup team it does not take money away from his short track operations. He has a lot of money tied up between his USAC teams, WOO teams and tracks.

Second, I wonder if Newman does become his teammate, Newman will want to run any sprint or midget stuff in his spare time. I know he ran a few races including the July 4th show here in Columbus, Ohio.

Finally, HAAS CNC is already a satellite operation of Hendrick's. THey run Hendricks motors and get other assistance. So, Technically the team is already alligned with Hendricks.

7/9/08, 7:49 AM   #6
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduce View Post
I think it will come out that Hendrick will own a part as well as Newman.

Lynn
But isn't MASCAR requiring teams to cut back to 4 cars?? I'm pretty sure that Roush-Fenway will be cut back...

7/9/08, 8:31 AM   #7
Blackduce

Maby Hendrick is needing a Nationwide team for someone named Joey.

Lynn

7/9/08, 9:48 AM   #8
Onlydirt

Maybe Stewart will grabb Clausen and let him drive...

7/9/08, 10:00 AM   #9
mortboyz

I'm wondering what position Coby Smith will have in this operation....:eek:

7/9/08, 10:12 AM   #10
okokok

I feel for all those loyal Home Depot employees.

They have supported Stewart so well. Treated him like a god.... Extreme loyality.

Now, Tony is moving on.....

Bet it is a real blow to those loyal Home Depot employees/fans!

"Show me the $$$$$" --- Tony, you are like all the rest of the high pay sports figures. Your actions, just reduces NASCAR to the low level of NFL, NBA, Baseball....

You make those contractual committemts --- If the employer want to get rid of you,, then you want the $$$, if you want to leave for the $$$ - that is fine with you.

Tony, how many times have I seen you in victory circle talking about the Home Depot Employees -- now, you just sweep them to the gutter...

As they say in NASCAR "Let's go Racin'" === this needs to be changed - "Let's go Racin' for the $$$"

And, to tie the topic to this board--- half owner of NASCAR team (a very bad team) appears to me to be a monster of a job.

Think of all the perils he has ahead of him. Paying the Bills.

Will all the effort for the new business endeavor - effect Eldora and the Sprint car teams? Only time will tell - but, I would not be surprised that he will have to realign his priorities.

I wonder if the timing is bad. Seems like a major focus on Chevrolet. Well, General Motors is in bad shape! Did you know, based on Market Capitalization, that Mattel Toys (6.6 Bill) is worth more than General Motors ( 6.1 Bill)!! Yes, the people that make Matchbox cars is worth more than the "mighty" GM!

With the bad shape of GM - will they cut back promotional $$ -- They are burning thru billions and has to stop the bleeding. Will racing / NASCAR take a big hit? Would seem like a possibility.

IN my opinion - I think Tony is moving into an extremely risky endeavor. I sure hope he is not putting his hard earned Home Depot $$$ into the new team. High risk to me!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stewart-Haas Racing