IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Enlighten Me
9/15/24, 8:59 PM   #1
Enlighten Me
flagboy55

So I was sad to hear that Terre Haute had to cancel today. I applaud Joe and Kevin for giving this deal a go, but it looks like it’s having a tough time finding it’s footing. But the they said they would add the Mods to the Big Car race, and I went to check the calendar to see what day that was. Amazingly it’s a Sunday evening. Why not Saturday? We complain about attendance at The Action Track, but they never run Saturday. Seems an obvious adjustment for me, but I must be wrong. Please, enlighten me

6 members like this post: Dale, duel, luckybuc97, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69
9/15/24, 9:19 PM   #2
Re: Enlighten Me
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

<Holds lighter to Flagboys backside.
Feel enlightened yet?

Sunday's fine. expecially later in the year. The sun sets about seven so they can get it done before nine or so. I did a spring fling they had one year in spring and I was home by midnight 187miles three hours away.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/15/24 at 9:32 PM.

9/15/24, 9:36 PM   #3
sprits fan 11

The promoter runs Putnamville Saturday. Friday night could of been better not sure if fair board allows that. Sunday night not any good either. After the spring Maverick race would of thought they would of learned. It is just a tough sell with wings race and not knowing who will show up. Should of had an entry list days before the race. If not many drivers entered by X date then cancel it so people don't waste there time for nothing.

9/16/24, 3:58 AM   #4
kendirt

Silver Crown is a national series. They should expect that at least a portion of the attendees are traveling in.

Sunday evening is a hard no for me. I'm six hours from Terre Haute. It's not an event worth carrying over into my Monday as well.

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, flagboy55
9/16/24, 6:23 AM   #5
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Feel enlightened yet?

Sunday's fine. expecially later in the year. The sun sets about seven so they can get it done before nine or so. I did a spring fling they had one year in spring and I was home by midnight 187miles three hours away.
I don't envy promoters trying to make a dirt track work these days. I get it w/ TH and the challenge of when to schedule when you've got really strong tracks near you that run Fr and Sa. As to the upcoming Silver Crown race, I would think a day race on Sa or Su in the Fall like this would be better attended.

3 members like this post: Leohr46, oppweld, SpfldMile
9/16/24, 7:10 AM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
I don't envy promoters trying to make a dirt track work these days. I get it w/ TH and the challenge of when to schedule when you've got really strong tracks near you that run Fr and Sa. As to the upcoming Silver Crown race, I would think a day race on Sa or Su in the Fall like this would be better attended.

It's kinda what made THAT Famous. Daytime racing.
Sad thing is, Now Calcium Chloride and other dust agents are frowned on.

1 member likes this post: miledirt
9/16/24, 10:31 AM   #7
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 25

As of now, the current promoter seems to have some free time on Friday nights.
I would love to see something like this next year:
April Silver Crown
May Sprints
June AMA bikes
July Sprint Week,Super Stock Modified fair race
August Late Model show
Sept Sprints
October Silver Crown show. Run all you can on Friday nights and I think it would be successful.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99
9/16/24, 11:21 AM   #8
toledo47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprits fan 11 View Post
The promoter runs Putnamville Saturday. Friday night could of been better not sure if fair board allows that. Sunday night not any good either. After the spring Maverick race would of thought they would of learned. It is just a tough sell with wings race and not knowing who will show up. Should of had an entry list days before the race. If not many drivers entered by X date then cancel it so people don't waste there time for nothing.
The spring race was an IRA series race out of Wisconsin. They’ve got a lot of full time teams chasing points so they get a decent field everywhere

1 member likes this post: oppweld
9/16/24, 1:27 PM   #9
Grocery Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Feel enlightened yet?

I'll be amazed if the Oct TH Silver Crown race is done by nine. Especially now with modifieds being added. One can only hope.

1 member likes this post: 2fast4u
9/16/24, 2:37 PM   #10
sprits fan 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo47 View Post
The spring race was an IRA series race out of Wisconsin. They’ve got a lot of full time teams chasing points so they get a decent field everywhere
The first spring (may)race was not. The June Maverick Mayham in June was co sanctioned.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Enlighten Me