IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown Start and Park
8/22/12, 8:41 AM   #1
Smackdown Start and Park
webster7

With this crazy purse structure $1125 for 5th Sat with $1000 to start, I believe we'll see alot of start and parks Saturday.

1 member likes this post: lilrim
8/22/12, 8:54 AM   #2
Koonzee

Yea, who the hell wants to race anyway.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/22/12, 9:21 AM   #3
Re: Smackdown Start and Park
Jerry Shaw

No. I don't think so. With this format, these guys will have already raced their asses off just to make this show. These will be coveted starting spots, IMO. So, I think you will have eliminated the ones with any quit in them, by that point. Ones with that NASCAR mentality. Plus, I think it's really sad, that here we have the biggest multi-day sprint car event to hit our state in years and before it even happens, people are trying to find fault with it. The O'Connors need to be commended for thinking outside the box and for taking a huge financial risk.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/22/12, 9:39 AM   #4
Claybird33

What exactly is the format??

8/22/12, 10:35 AM   #5
Vukie

http://www.usacracing.com/assets/fil...st23-24-25.pdf

8/22/12, 10:41 AM   #6
duel

The track is paying out over 83 grand for a 3 day show!

8/22/12, 10:50 AM   #7
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster7 View Post
With this crazy purse structure $1125 for 5th Sat with $1000 to start, I believe we'll see alot of start and parks Saturday.
That is just an out and out insult to sprint car drivers. This isn't NASCAR. Sprint car drivers are racers! And by the way, why are you posting stuff like this and hiding behind a board name, not giving your real one?
Last edited by dirtnonwingfan; 8/22/12 at 10:51 AM.

8/22/12, 11:45 AM   #8
robert gatten

you obviously have no idea how much work and effort it takes to make the show on Sat.. start and park ? you got to be joking !!

1 member likes this post: speed bump
8/22/12, 11:46 AM   #9
TeamCGR

Speaking on behalf of one team, if Coleman makes the show on Saturday, it will take a sniper to shoot his tires out before he will stop. I understand the point about the purse structure; no one wants to tear up a car for an extra $125. I get it. BUT; this is a prestigious race and everyone wants a top 10 or better. Plus, Indiana Racers or Car Owners have never thought or raced that way since we have been competing in the Hoosier State. And, last but not least; going to a Race at Kokomo is like going to the Ballpark during the World Series. You never know when something memorable, special or History making may occur. That is what drives these crazy Sprint Car Drivers as much as anything...

Again, I understand your point but I don't think that will happen. I guess we will see... CGR.
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA

8/22/12, 12:09 PM   #10
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
Speaking on behalf of one team, if Coleman makes the show on Saturday, it will take a sniper to shoot his tires out before he will stop. I understand the point about the purse structure; no one wants to tear up a car for an extra $125. I get it. BUT; this is a prestigious race and everyone wants a top 10 or better. Plus, Indiana Racers or Car Owners have never thought or raced that way since we have been competing in the Hoosier State. And, last but not least; going to a Race at Kokomo is like going to the Ballpark during the World Series. You never know when something memorable, special or History making may occur. That is what drives these crazy Sprint Car Drivers as much as anything...

Again, I understand your point but I don't think that will happen. I guess we will see... CGR.
Amen.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, nathans1012, Vukie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown Start and Park