IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How Would You Promote It?
7/22/24, 9:16 AM   #1
How Would You Promote It?
flagboy55

Promotion, or lack there of, is a topic that comes up frequently in conversation with my friends at the race’s. I have my opinions on it, but I want to hear your opinions as well. Maybe the powers that be will see it and think one of our ideas is worthy of pursuing and help build the sport we love. Now this applies primarily to wingless racing because I’m constantly reminded how great wings are and how there’s so much more money in it. As far as crown jewel events, if you looked at the enormous attendance at Eldora Saturday night, that’s indisputable. But I would say Earl did that promotion long ago and it, like many other big events, takes on a life of it’s own. ISW is here. Let’s help try to promote it. Go!

1 member likes this post: dirtybob29
7/22/24, 10:33 AM   #2
Re: How Would You Promote It?
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Promotion, or lack there of, is a topic that comes up frequently in conversation with my friends at the race’s. I have my opinions on it, but I want to hear your opinions as well. Maybe the powers that be will see it and think one of our ideas is worthy of pursuing and help build the sport we love. Now this applies primarily to wingless racing because I’m constantly reminded how great wings are and how there’s so much more money in it. As far as crown jewel events, if you looked at the enormous attendance at Eldora Saturday night, that’s indisputable. But I would say Earl did that promotion long ago and it, like many other big events, takes on a life of it’s own. ISW is here. Let’s help try to promote it. Go!
Here is my two cents:
1. Find new fans by reaching out to young people and teenagers through their high schools with free family passes for achievement at school and through influencers on their social media. Flood the merchants around the track with posters with money off coupons. Give some kind of bounty to existing fans for bringing a newbie with them. Try to get teams to display show cars at local sponsors.
2. Clean up the track, especially the bathrooms so the new fans are comfortable using them, find things the girls will like because that will draw the boys!
3. Keep the show moving! Have an adequate number of push trucks and clear wrecks quickly.

7/22/24, 10:54 AM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Opertunity missed if you ask me. Why didn't USAC or a group of the tracks Promote with commercials ISW durring the brickyard.

USAC INDIANA SPRINT WEEK, The racing that made stars out of FOYT, ANDRETTI, JEFF GORDON, TONY STEWART, Kasey Kane, Ryan Newman, Ricky Stenhouse and Kyle Larson Coming too (Tracks) July 26-Aug 3 BE THERE see the stars of tomorrow today!

7/22/24, 10:57 AM   #4
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Opertunity missed if you ask me. Why didn't USAC or a group of the tracks Promote with commercials ISW durring the brickyard.

USAC INDIANA SPRINT WEEK, The racing that made stars out of FOYT, ANDRETTI, JEFF GORDON, TONY STEWART, Kasey Kane, Ryan Newman, Ricky Stenhouse and Kyle Larson Coming too (Tracks) July 26-Aug 3 BE THERE see the stars of tomorrow today!
To get ONE long time fan. YOU HAVE TO GET TWO HUNDRED NEW PEOPLE TO VISIT.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, nodramazone20, oppweld
7/22/24, 11:45 AM   #5
DJlives

If there are 10,000 people at Lincoln Park on Friday or 1,000 USAC gets paid what?

7/22/24, 12:43 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
If there are 10,000 people at Lincoln Park on Friday or 1,000 USAC gets paid what?

The same.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
7/22/24, 1:22 PM   #7
flagboy55

I’m going to jump in from time to time to throw in a couple more cents, and help spur on idea’s. Coyote, the social media influencer idea I think is something that should be investigated. I’ll admit, I don’t know how and not sure I want to know about young folks influencers, but you could be onto something. Charles, you touched on something that I’ve said and has always been troubling to me. The disconnect between the “Graduates” of USAC and the club and racing that made them. I wonder why. DJ, I don’t get your point

7/22/24, 1:31 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

DJ's point is that USAC gets the same amount per event no matter what the attendance is.

Purse plus sanction fee.

The track only makes money when it draws enough to exceed that and it's other running cost.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
7/22/24, 1:55 PM   #9
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

How much is Usac sanctioning fee and do the teams get tow money and or free pit passes ?

7/22/24, 1:58 PM   #10
DJlives

USAC has a social influencer. Richie Murray who posts multiple things every single day incuding film clips. There has never been more stories, stats, nostaliga, photos, previews, extensive post-race reports than there is today. Ever

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How Would You Promote It?