IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mc/rider (Offline)
  #1 9/27/24 8:53 AM
Im partial to bull rings so I liked what I saw. I would think a scheduled race would probably attract well over 40 cars because of the location

When in doubt Gas It
7 Likes: dirtybob29, duel, FALCONEDDIE, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Luvdirtracing, nathans1012
badcoupe (Offline)
  #2 9/27/24 9:50 AM
Slower than the midgets and I didn’t feel they raced very well personally. I’d rather see TQ or micros on that track
4 Likes: Jtravels, rimrider69, SOROKACH35FAN, Speedmax3
DJlives (Offline)
  #3 9/27/24 9:58 AM
Winner started 7th in a tough field
4 Likes: dirtybob29, Grocery Guy, mc/rider, PIT CART
Pitdad (Offline)
  #4 9/27/24 12:53 PM
Move that infield tire cluster in turn 2 and Ballou wins it going away!
4 Likes: 2fast4u, bighd0522, Grocery Guy, mc/rider
Jonr (Offline)
  #5 9/27/24 1:56 PM
Originally Posted by badcoupe:
Slower than the midgets and I didn’t feel they raced very well personally. I’d rather see TQ or micros on that track
100% agree. I would say keep that track for midgets only.
5 Likes: flagboy55, PAW, Pitdad, RacingFan52, The Old Coyote
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #6 9/27/24 2:55 PM
We thought the track was too narrow and tight for the sprint cars. Don't think 22 sprinters on this track would be a very good race. Would not like to see one of the current ISW tracks lose their race to add IMS to the schedule. If added as additional race would be OK with that but drop both of the parking fees and keep the prices in line with the rest of ISW. Just our opinion.

Bruce and Pat Eckel
6 Likes: dirtybob29, erich45, Grocery Guy, mc/rider, mlamb, nathans1012
nowingsjeff (Offline)
  #7 9/27/24 5:44 PM
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers:
We thought the track was too narrow and tight for the sprint cars. Don't think 22 sprinters on this track would be a very good race. Would not like to see one of the current ISW tracks lose their race to add IMS to the schedule. If added as additional race would be OK with that but drop both of the parking fees and keep the prices in line with the rest of ISW. Just our opinion.

Bruce and Pat Eckel
In my estimation, they needed more cars to create more traffic, if they wanted better racing. Did you ever notice how boring single file winged sprint heats are, but during their feature when there's more cars and more traffic they can put on a decent show on the smaller tracks. A bigger "old style Kokomo type" cushion against the wall would help too, as the way the track was, the top was the long way around since they had nothing to lean on. And as far as an ISW date, they lost Gas City, so that would fill that gap. I say go for it.
3 Likes: dirtybob29, FALCONEDDIE, Grocery Guy
ossuks (Offline)
  #8 9/27/24 7:43 PM
I liked it!
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #9 9/27/24 8:32 PM
Yawner, if you are gonna run sprinters make it a 1/4 mile at least. If not leave them off the card. This is BC’s race, if you are gonna change **** midstream make it worth while. Just my .2C
2 Likes: flagboy55, RacingFan52
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #10 9/27/24 8:50 PM
Personally i wish there was an awesome dirt track inside the confines of IMS that got used more than once. I really could give 2 💩’s about a golf course inside the greatest race course in the World. Build a nice track, park some cars and RV’s and the golfers can go to Crooked Stick from now on.