IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Circle City/I-465 Traffic issues
7/30/24, 11:25 PM   #1
Circle City/I-465 Traffic issues
racefan20

Again we have I-465 closed only this time it is in the opposite direction as midget week. 465 will be closed eastbound/northbound from I-65 on the south side to I-70 on the east side. Those coming up I-74 from the burg wont have a problem crossing under 465. Now lets just hope the weather holds off.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: Hubie48, tirespinner
7/31/24, 8:25 AM   #2
Re: Circle City/I-465 Traffic issues
miso_ohio

Thanks for the traffic report, I am sitting here watching the weather now, if I went I was planning on staying on the more western side of the city to head to Action Trackthe next day. This may change my mind on where I stay, how hard is it to get to the track from the airport area if 465 is shut down?

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, tirespinner
7/31/24, 9:27 AM   #3
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by miso_ohio View Post
Thanks for the traffic report, I am sitting here watching the weather now, if I went I was planning on staying on the more western side of the city to head to Action Trackthe next day. This may change my mind on where I stay, how hard is it to get to the track from the airport area if 465 is shut down?
From the west side(where I live) the best way there would be I-70 across town to 465 South then on to the I-74 Southeastern Ave exit. You can also take city streets(Raymond St) across town to Southeastern. If you arent familiar with Indy the best way is I-70 but remember it will be very busy after 3. You can get on 465 South and get back to the westside as usual.

7/31/24, 9:55 AM   #4
miso_ohio

Yeah I was looking at 70, after doing the math looks like only 1:30 to Terre Haute so if I go to circle city may make more sense just to drive out there and do 2 nights out there. That will give me more time to watch the weather before booking a room and going. I am hopeful but I have a bad feeling in my stomach about the rest of the week.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/31/24, 10:09 AM   #5
racefan20

I hear you. From the looks of it so far if its gonna rain its not going to be until after 5 in which case we would already be there. Tough call

7/31/24, 12:14 PM   #6
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by miso_ohio View Post
Yeah I was looking at 70, after doing the math looks like only 1:30 to Terre Haute so if I go to circle city may make more sense just to drive out there and do 2 nights out there. That will give me more time to watch the weather before booking a room and going. I am hopeful but I have a bad feeling in my stomach about the rest of the week.
You can get to Terre Haute from the west side of Indy in less than an hour. From the east side of Cincinnati, where I live in Milford it’s 3 hours to Terre Haute. 2 hours to 465 in Indy and an hour to Terre Haute.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

7/31/24, 12:16 PM   #7
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
From the west side(where I live) the best way there would be I-70 across town to 465 South then on to the I-74 Southeastern Ave exit. You can also take city streets(Raymond St) across town to Southeastern. If you arent familiar with Indy the best way is I-70 but remember it will be very busy after 3. You can get on 465 South and get back to the westside as usual.
Thanks John for the traffic update

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

7/31/24, 12:18 PM   #8
cowboyhar69

Jerry Shaw, how much construction going on on interstate 70 from Indy to Terre Haute? Thanks!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

7/31/24, 12:24 PM   #9
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
Jerry Shaw, how much construction going on on interstate 70 from Indy to Terre Haute? Thanks!
There’s a little bit between the Terre Haute exits, but I’ve went all way to exit 7 the last few days and didn’t really get delayed any. Other than that, it’s pretty much clear

Winston Churchill

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, duel, tirespinner
7/31/24, 3:28 PM   #10
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

As others have said, I-70 is your best bet going to Terre Haute. However, another little glitch in the wonderful world of Indiana road construction. On the south west side of Indy on I-465 between I-65 & I-70 will be reduced to one lane with 20 minute stoppages from 9 PM to 5 AM through Friday for bridge beam delivery and placement.

Just be aware that this will also put more traffic onto I-70.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Last edited by Mud Packer; 7/31/24 at 3:29 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Circle City/I-465 Traffic issues