IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PRA schedule
11/3/07, 10:14 PM   #1
PRA schedule
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Does anyone know if the PRA races scheduled for South Georgia and Lakeland Florida are going to be run? They are not shown on the track websites.

11/4/07, 11:56 AM   #2
Re: PRA schedule
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Does anyone know if the PRA races scheduled for South Georgia and Lakeland Florida are going to be run? They are not shown on the track websites.
Ron, the last I heard they were still on but I haven't talked to Jason or Jason in a while. I will call them tomorrow and find out.

11/4/07, 4:21 PM   #3
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
Ron, the last I heard they were still on but I haven't talked to Jason or Jason in a while. I will call them tomorrow and find out.
Thanks, Dwight!

11/5/07, 2:16 PM   #4
hotrod32

Ron,I wouldn't count on either race to take place. The last I heard was that Lakeland was building a road course and somehow that is effecting the oval track. Georgia track was not real happy with the car count and fan turn out at the last race. They refused to pay PRA for a long time (if they ever did) so I would think this race is off.

I hope that this is wrong!!!!

11/5/07, 4:27 PM   #5
Dwight Clock

Ron, here is the straight scoop from Jason Smith. Both So. Georgia and USA are under new ownership. Negotiations are underway for both races and there will be a decision made on both by the end of the week. Hotrod32 is correct in stating that there is a road course under construction at USA and that is affecting the scheduling there. The new owner at So. Georgia wants to establish his own reputation there and is trying to find a way to hold the PRA event as scheduled. A definitive answer will be known by Saturday on both events.

11/5/07, 5:09 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

[QUOTE=Dwight Clock;16660]Ron, here is the straight scoop from Jason Smith. Both So. Georgia and USA are under new ownership.

Dwight,

Any idea who bought USA International? It used to be owned by USAR and I hadn't heard that it was for sale or had been sold?

11/5/07, 5:14 PM   #7
Dwight Clock

[QUOTE=Mud Packer;16676]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
Ron, here is the straight scoop from Jason Smith. Both So. Georgia and USA are under new ownership.

Dwight,

Any idea who bought USA International? It used to be owned by USAR and I hadn't heard that it was for sale or had been sold?
No, I don't know other than that it was a group involved in road course racing. Mr. Brooks, head of both Hooters Cup and USA Int'l passed away and the family decided to sell.

11/5/07, 8:19 PM   #8
SprintFan

Can they (the PRA) still run their program with Jason and Jason going back to USAC ?

Rumor has it that : Owen Snyder will be resigning from USAC and will be replaced by Jason Smith. Eric Bunn is leaving and will be replaced by Jason McCord.

11/5/07, 8:53 PM   #9
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintFan View Post
Can they (the PRA) still run their program with Jason and Jason going back to USAC ?

Rumor has it that : Owen Snyder will be resigning from USAC and will be replaced by Jason Smith. Eric Bunn is leaving and will be replaced by Jason McCord.
I would imagine that, if that rumor is true, Jason & Jason would be able to fulfill previously made commitments first.

11/7/07, 9:35 PM   #10
Honest-Sam

I think that they should scrap the rest of the races and name Eric Gordon as the '07 Champ!!!:thumb:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PRA schedule