IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ThrottleHead (Offline)
  #1 11/29/07 4:16 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that my hosting package where I keep throttlezone.net has expired and I have chose not to renew the package. I have talked to Danelle and she has told me that Shane's new website will be fresh and have new content in it. She along with a friend are going to maintain his new site. So, with this in mind I made the decision not to renew my site. It was created to get the word out, good or not so hot, about Shane and his racing. It was also a place for the Throttle Heads to go to get downloads, news etc. From what I understand Shane's new site will have a lot of that and more. The guy who did Shane's site before did a great job... as a Throttle fan I wanted more so that's why it was made. To that end I hope Shane's new site is a success and I wish the Cottle family the best of luck with it! I have reminded Danelle if there is anything I can do for the site to let me know and I can do it (or at least try ).

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who visited the Zone throughout the roughly last year and a half. I have got a lot of emails (good and bad... but all respected and appreciated!) from folks that offered up both advice and words of encouragement. It is sincerely appreciated! I also got to meet a number of Cottle fans over this stretch too and it was an honor to get to talk to all of you as well. Even though the look of the site was in today's technology in websites rather plain and old-school, it did take a lot of time and passion to do. I do not dread a minute of it and I am really glad I did it. I learned a lot... both what to do/ not to do both site wise and wording wise within the site. The site had an average of 170 hits per day up until mid October which may not sound like a lot but I was rather blown away it had that many. It was a great feeling knowing that that many folks saw fit to stop by and have a look. Will I miss it.... yea. Am I sad it's done..... yea. But I have faith his own site will have what the Zone had plus more so that gives me solace that Throttle Heads across the country will be in good hands!

Again.... thank you to each and every one of you who visited the site. 2008 should be a great year....for me personally, for Shane chasing the 2008 USAC Sprint Car title (man that's SOOOOO SWEET!!) and for his site. See ya at the races!!!

:Steer :checkered:
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #2 11/30/07 8:19 PM
Hey Donnie I very much appriciate your work on the throttlezone website. You always tried to keep the "heads" caught up with what our MAN was doing.
racegal (Offline)
  #3 11/30/07 10:39 PM
It was a great site! I'm sad to see it go!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops