IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interesting Night Last Night
7/9/22, 8:49 AM   #1
DirtTrackTherapy16J

So I woke up up yesterday morning to rain and rainouts. Not the greatest way of starting the day, however we need the rain extremely bad for several different reasons including but not limited to farmers and crops. Indiana tracks got rained out which was unfortunate and a bad start for my day haha.

Hanging out with several different crews that I hang out with last night at the track, I was corrected by one of my push truck drivers in which I appreciated bc I got educated since I never got corrected on here surprisingly. The other night was NOT Donny Schatz, it was his ride and rig, but it was actually Tony testing it which technically its his ride and rig haha. Tested until 10pm or lil after. Was fun sitting in the pool at 10pm at night in 86° water listening to him run.

USAC looked like they had a pretty decent car count, some regulars, some locals, and some west coasters. Good mix. Looked like good crowd, good racing. That's good for Husset's and everyone involved. Hopefully your enjoying yourself flagboy55.

Watching The AllStars last night on Flo out at the track, crazy series of events. Sunshine got tangled with a lapped car trying to catch Hunter for p1, had to go to the back, put Windom in p2, PPM in p3. Then with a lap or two to go Hunter's right rear explodes, moving Rookie of the Year canidate Windom and one of my favorite drivers into p1. Looked all but over for Windom to get his first W. Restart and oh wow there goes PPM with Cap right behind him and Windom dropping to 3rd. Just crazy wild ending I thought.

I also noticed as someone on here said earlier in the week, no KO team at SD. Hopefully that means they will be here tonight, at the baddest bullring in the country (my personal opinion before someone gets butthurt), no Cummins with the 3R which should mean he will be at Kokomo as well, GC rained out last night, should be one hell of a car count and crowd with outstanding beautiful weather and a small break from the heat.

I personally cant make the day go by fast enough, I need racing tonight, lil bit of a break for me, heading into one of the busiest weeks of the year for me for my niece which might as well be my daughter. She already has 1 Grand Champion Exhibit in the books for 2022 and still shows Goats, Cattle, Rabbits, Poultry, and Pigeons all this coming week.

Anyhow, I wish all of you a nice and safe weekend, I hope you all enjoy yourself and some racing somewhere somehow, however your health, family, budget allows you.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 7/9/22 at 8:55 AM.

7/9/22, 9:18 AM   #2
Re: Interesting Night Last Night
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
So I woke up up yesterday morning to rain and rainouts. Not the greatest way of starting the day, however we need the rain extremely bad for several different reasons including but not limited to farmers and crops. Indiana tracks got rained out which was unfortunate and a bad start for my day haha.

Hanging out with several different crews that I hang out with last night at the track, I was corrected by one of my push truck drivers in which I appreciated bc I got educated since I never got corrected on here surprisingly. The other night was NOT Donny Schatz, it was his ride and rig, but it was actually Tony testing it which technically its his ride and rig haha. Tested until 10pm or lil after. Was fun sitting in the pool at 10pm at night in 86° water listening to him run.

USAC looked like they had a pretty decent car count, some regulars, some locals, and some west coasters. Good mix. Looked like good crowd, good racing. That's good for Husset's and everyone involved. Hopefully your enjoying yourself flagboy55.

Watching The AllStars last night on Flo out at the track, crazy series of events. Sunshine got tangled with a lapped car trying to catch Hunter for p1, had to go to the back, put Windom in p2, PPM in p3. Then with a lap or two to go Hunter's right rear explodes, moving Rookie of the Year canidate Windom and one of my favorite drivers into p1. Looked all but over for Windom to get his first W. Restart and oh wow there goes PPM with Cap right behind him and Windom dropping to 3rd. Just crazy wild ending I thought.

I also noticed as someone on here said earlier in the week, no KO team at SD. Hopefully that means they will be here tonight, at the baddest bullring in the country (my personal opinion before someone gets butthurt), no Cummins with the 3R which should mean he will be at Kokomo as well, GC rained out last night, should be one hell of a car count and crowd with outstanding beautiful weather and a small break from the heat.

I personally cant make the day go by fast enough, I need racing tonight, lil bit of a break for me, heading into one of the busiest weeks of the year for me for my niece which might as well be my daughter. She already has 1 Grand Champion Exhibit in the books for 2022 and still shows Goats, Cattle, Rabbits, Poultry, and Pigeons all this coming week.

Anyhow, I wish all of you a nice and safe weekend, I hope you all enjoy yourself and some racing somewhere somehow, however your health, family, budget allows you.
Im going to support racing, But I don't see anyone benefiting from five tracks running on a saturday night and USAC out west, except those who would like to run a actual feature. Wherever you end up, Have fun Im going to spend time with family at a sport I love. Hope you are too.

Kokomo
Atomic
Lawrenceburg
LPS
Paragon

3 members like this post: captrat, DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55
7/9/22, 9:40 AM   #3
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Anderson for me

7/9/22, 10:25 AM   #4
cmiracingvids

Lawrenceburg has cancelled.
All other tracks still on as of now.

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, oppweld, tirespinner
7/9/22, 11:08 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Guess I'll try Atomic and hope Im home by midnight
LM
BOSS
Racesavers
D2 midgets
Sport Mods
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/9/22 at 11:10 AM.

2 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55
7/9/22, 11:18 AM   #6
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Guess I'll try Atomic and hope Im home by midnight
LM
BOSS
Racesavers
D2 midgets
Sport Mods
The witching hour, if not home by midnight you turn into a winged fanatic

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, dkdorkboy, tirespinner
7/9/22, 12:04 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
The witching hour, if not home by midnight you turn into a winged fanatic

never

1 member likes this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J
7/9/22, 12:09 PM   #8
flagboy55

Thanks 16j. I’m having a wonderful time. Wish everyone could be here

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DirtTrackTherapy16J
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interesting Night Last Night