IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That nasty word called CANCER.
12/13/08, 7:42 PM   #1
That nasty word called CANCER.
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Just wanted to let my friends here, know that I re-visited my doctors a couple weeks ago... My cancer has indeed returned. I am scheduled to have another scan in February and meet with doctors then, I probably will have to have more chemotherapy but other than that I don't know many details... and to be quite honest... I don't really care what they are at this point. I've fought the battle before... you know- the been there... done that... sorta thing. I already know what is ahead of me. Yes, It sucks!

I know some of you are truly interested in my health and I appreciate that greatly. Please rest assured... Cancer will not win without a fight.

Unless things change... "Brain" Hayden and I will have a booth at Mr. Craig Dori's Indy Circle Track Expo January 31st. So, I hope to see many of you then... Please stop by and talk your BS. :O:

Take care.

12/13/08, 8:13 PM   #2
Re: That nasty word called CANCER.
bojo20

Bill,hate to hear that,but I know if anyone can beat it you will.Have my own "C" problem so know what your going through.Will be praying for a complete recovery.

12/13/08, 8:27 PM   #3
Bobv

Really sorry to hear your news Bill, life is sure not fair sometimes. Will keep you in my prayers. Keep up the strong fight!

12/13/08, 8:34 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not again! Bill I've prayed for you occatonallly even when you were diagnosed clear. These will not stop.

Get well.
Chuck

12/13/08, 8:42 PM   #5
Jerry Shaw

The amazing thing about you, Bill, is that each time you've been visited by this terrible disease, it seems like you've been more resolute than you were the time before. Your saga has been a profile in courage and I have no doubt that you'll eventually beat this thing, my friend.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

12/13/08, 9:03 PM   #6
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Bill,

You're in my thoughts and prayers. I know you are strong and can beat this.

12/13/08, 9:21 PM   #7
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobv View Post
Really sorry to hear your news Bill, life is sure not fair sometimes. Will keep you in my prayers. Keep up the strong fight!
Thank you... I completely understand the thought of life not being fair sometimes... but I have to be honest here... Cancer has been the best and the worst thing to happen to me in my life. I know, some of you are saying how in the world could someone say that cancer is best thing to ever happen in a their life. Well, I will share... It wakes you up... It makes you realize that the stupid trivial things we all ***** about each and every day are really not so bad. It makes you appreciate your family and friends more. It makes you cry. It makes you laugh. It makes you try harder. It makes working seem not so bad. It makes holidays mean so much more. It makes you appreciate the smell and burning eyes from the exhaust of sprint car, I can go on and on.

While I admit... It sucks that I have to deal with this but as I've stated above... it has given me a greater appreciation for the simple things others take for granted.

Bring it on.:wink

12/13/08, 9:36 PM   #8
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
The amazing thing about you, Bill, is that each time you've been visited by this terrible disease, it seems like you've been more resolute than you were the time before. Your saga has been a profile in courage and I have no doubt that you'll eventually beat this thing, my friend.

Jerry
Thanks Jerry... My name and courage together. More like crazy. Or Nuts... well, nut.:rolling:O: :wink:doh:

12/13/08, 9:40 PM   #9
Danny Burton

Bill, I almost feel sorry for the cancer that has returned, but not quite. You are that strong.

It's tough enough dealing with it in my family, with my mom. But she is almost 77, and has had the chance to live a full life. Since she first was diagnosed in '96 she has outlived 5 siblings, 2 of whom were younger than her. She has seen her grandkids grow up, get married, etc. She has enjoyed the company of the Swordman many times. And she says that she wants to stick around for #2, who is due in April. I'm not betting against her. But the folks at hospice say that we need to be spending time with her as much as we can, because she is getting to the point where she cannot take care of herself very well. So my wife and I have been spending nights at her little apartment 3 minutes from here. (Jerry Shaw, you may have driven right by it, Fairington Apartments.)

Tough enough for one that has lived a long time, but for those like Bill, and espeically the kids like Andrew, we do note that life isn't fair. Maybe it isn't meant to be, but we are human and we do have these expectations at times.

Bill, I do hope you whip this disease and that no matter what, cancer will know that messing with you is no bargain. Have faith that God will not bring onto you any more than you can handle.

And all of us, who all have our own trials on a daily basis, will send up a prayer to The Boss in your behalf. :thumb

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

12/13/08, 9:44 PM   #10
flipalong

All of us at Denny Johnson Motorsports will be praying for you. Sounds as if you have a great attitude. We hope everything works out.

Nick, Denny, Tonya, Hannah & Sherry Johnson

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That nasty word called CANCER.