IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larry Rice (short) Story related to a Wisconsin race track
9/3/24, 10:45 AM   #1
Larry Rice (short) Story related to a Wisconsin race track
Offroadrace_814

Reading through the Fireman Nationals thread. I read USAC National Winners at Angell Park Speedway. I noticed Larry won there twice.

So Larry's Dad and my Grandmother are brother and sister.

Before moms passing. She was telling me this story.

She and my grandpa (and maybe more) were attending a race in Indy area. She did not recall where. During one of the down times at the track. Larry comes across the track to holler at Grandpa. Saying "Uncle Vern, you should have been with us last night. We won up in Wisconsin." Now that those family members have left us. I can not confirm if it was Angell Park or another track.

It just brought up a cool memory as I read through that.

9/3/24, 3:27 PM   #2
TQ29m

I also have nice things to remember about Larry, he always came to our kart banquets, and promoted racing, and he and his sidekick Gary Lee were there to take over the reins and promote the mtqrl, which Gary Lee did for a good time,good ambassadors, both of them

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larry Rice (short) Story related to a Wisconsin race track