IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown thoughts
8/20/24, 4:00 PM   #1
Smackdown thoughts
Moreland76

Yes, it’s that time again. Feel free to post your thoughts and predictions here. I will start this off by predicting Kyle Cummins will leave Saturday with the 35,000 +. Everyone safe travels and enjoy yourself!!!

8/20/24, 4:31 PM   #2
JarrettFarms73

I’m going with Cole Trickle. Heard they have a special set of “matched tires” ready to to go this weekend.

On the real, i’m going different winner every night.
Thursday- Bacon
Friday- Cummins
Saturday- KTJ after Leary loses a tire with 4 laps to go.

8/20/24, 5:14 PM   #3
Re: Smackdown thoughts
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thurs, Bacon
Fri. Bacon
Sat, Bacon.

And yes, it will be the first, second and third USAC sprint win for him there.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, rapid robert, tirespinner
8/20/24, 7:10 PM   #4
The55

Grant, Cummins, and Seavey are your 3 winners, no prediction on which nights.

8/20/24, 7:36 PM   #5
yeleyfan76

I’ll take the fans all week. They will travel far and wide for the best wknd in sprint car racing of the year. It’ll be intense from the first set of hot laps on thurs all of the way thru to checkers on Sat. We win because the O’Connors give us the best track Indiana has to offer. We win because it’s a go big or go home type event and gets better every year we attend. I sure hope the stands are full. The weather looks fantastic.
Kyle Cummins is starting to get fast at the right time of the season, so if the Mad Man is unable to conquer I hope it’s Kyle. Thx again to the O’Connors for the hard work they put in for this event.

8/20/24, 8:56 PM   #6
flagboy55

Well even my buddy Mr Funk can’t argue with Yeleyfan76 on that. If the forecast holds true we’re in for an outstanding event. Not only that, many world problems will be solved over some pre-race beers. I’ll tell you what, I’m picking myself up off the floor after I heard Chuck is going with a Bacon brooming. But seriously, I’m going to go out on a limb and take JG to win the big dough on Saturday. Preliminaries to Cummins and KTJ. And I agree with 76, anyone in attendance is an automatic winner! 🏁🏁

8/21/24, 1:20 AM   #7
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

August in Indiana is when tomatoes are at their peak ripedness. So I have no choice. BaconBaconBacon

8/21/24, 7:05 AM   #8
kb78

It's hard to bet against Seavey this year although Cummins has been fast lately and he is very good at Kokomo. Grant has been off a tick but he is one of the best ever at that track so you never know.

I do want to say this, I am not a big guy on tracks not running against one another, I figure you got to have your schedule for your supporters, but I am dissapointed that Lincoln Park is running against them this Saturday. We have so few "Crown Jewels" in Traditional sprint racing that I wish they would support one another. Nobody of consequence ran against the Bill Gardner and it helps to get the car count up. Maybe I'm dreaming but I think you have the Gardner, Smackdown, Hustler, and the Fall Nationals and I believe that non-wing tracks should help each other out at those races. JMO.

8/21/24, 8:25 AM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
August in Indiana is when tomatoes are at their peak ripedness. So I have no choice. BaconBaconBacon

So let it be written, So let it be DONE!

2 members like this post: flagboy55, mc/rider
8/21/24, 9:49 AM   #10
nodramazone20

The Boycott ends this weekend...Looking forward to some cold beers and good racing with Flagboy and Yeley Fan, under the tents at North End Parking Lot. Anyone but Bacon, dont care who.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown thoughts