IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sure this will put an end to the fun..........
2/8/08, 12:08 AM   #1
Sure this will put an end to the fun..........
throb

sounds like a lawsuit..........anyone who has ever ran this joint can agree that its a pretty good time, and a great way to fend off the winter blues!

INDIANAPOLIS -- A 23-year-old Illinois man was killed in an indoor karting wreck on Indianapolis' north side Thursday night, police said.

The man, an AT&T worker from the Chicago area, was racing with colleagues when his kart hit a wall at Fastimes Indoor Karting at about 7:30 p.m., Indianapolis police Sgt. Paul Thompson said.

The man, whose name wasn't immediately released, suffered a deep laceration in the neck area and was pronounced dead at the scene, Thompson said. He was wearing a helmet and appeared to have been wearing seat restraints, police said.

He was with a group of AT&T workers who were in Indianapolis for training, police said.

Fastimes Indoor Karting is located at 3455 Harper Road, near the intersection of 96th Street and Keystone Avenue.

and WISH tv has video...............

http://www.wishtv.com/global/story.asp?s=7840615

2/8/08, 12:21 AM   #2
Re: Sure this will put an end to the fun..........
tonyj

The validity of the waiver will be the first thing in question.

2/8/08, 12:27 AM   #3
Wolfe-e

Come On Guys. Are we all that callous that instead of thinking about the guys family and does he have kids or is he married. Its a Shame but even Karting for fun can be dangerous... The Lawyers will get there chance latter. For now lets think about the guys family......

2/8/08, 1:00 AM   #4
throb

youre right wolfe.....but believe me i wasnt trying to sound cold or un-caring......

2/8/08, 1:06 AM   #5
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe-e View Post
.... for now lets think about the guys family......
Absolutely ... this is a tradegy among a few co-workers out for an evening of good fun. Sometimes fun can turn terribly wrong , as in this case.

I've run there many times over the last two years and never once thought of it as something that could take your life. Who would have thought... Very sad , indeed.

Paul

2/8/08, 2:35 AM   #6
Onlydirt

Terrible news for such a fun place... Which corner did he wreck in? I can get the Kart on two wheels just before the downhill turn when it is hot outside. Scares the crap out of me sometimes. When its cold you slide the top a lot more. Its not the fast way, but it makes me think I am in a sprinter.

Does their staff have any medical training for such things?

My thoughts and prayers with all involved.

2/8/08, 8:34 AM   #7
Gregg

My heart goes out to the family.

My only tohught about this is a Kart track can be dangerous and so can a swimming pool. Hopefully this won't go to the courts but I'm sure the family had their share of phone calls already.

2/8/08, 8:47 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Lets put it this way, At Competition Karting in LBurg I see someone bring in a track kart that had 15 horses and could catch or pull away from the (House Karts) in the straights but it couldn't pass and sometimes lost in the corners. These are full up competiton karts.

Everything can be dangerous if misshandled. We don't know exactly what happened other than he had a neck lacaration. Was he run over? hit something? Who knows?

My thoughts are with the family of this man.

Chuck, who believes that just because it's there doesn't mean everyone should or has the ability to do it.

2/8/08, 9:25 AM   #9
Jerry Spencer

Very sad news. Josh goes down a couple times a month to stay sharp, The first time we went Sarah was in school at I.U.P.U.I. We dropped her off and then went to the track, after watching for awhile I made the desicision that this was not a game this was for real, I also noticed that everything was done to keep the drivers as safe as possible. With that being said it is my opinion that no matter where we are or what we are doing when the magic number comes up we are in God's hands. I feel sorry for his family and I feel sorry for the people that were working at the time as I am sure they had no Idea when they left for work what a life changing day they would be having. I tell Sarah, Paul and Josh I love them every chance I get because I do not know what the next second may bring. Take a second to say a prayer for the people involved and then tell the ones around you that you love them.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

2/8/08, 9:26 AM   #10
tony sessions 17

thoughts and prayers for the family during this traggic loss

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sure this will put an end to the fun..........