IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 'Burg Progress......
11/20/07, 5:28 PM   #1
'Burg Progress......
FishBurger

is invisible at this point. After visiting the court house this afternoon to pay our property taxes (finally), I needed a positive pick-me-up (not to mention a loan) so I took a ride over to the Legendary Lawrenceburg Speedway. Had a nice visit with Boss Dave and his right hand man, Also Dave, who had just finished removing the buried transponder loop. And that my friends is the only dirt that has moved since Fun Fest. Boss Dave seemed somewhat purplexed that the reported large company hired to do the bulk of the work has showed up for exactly one day with exactly two men. Boss Dave said he could have held a couple more race events after Fun Fest had he known that all this good weather was going to support nothing but inactivity. He showed me some of the plans, and folks it's going to be spectacularly different from what we've known. That said, I remain open minded but concerned. I have no doubt that the new 3/8 will eventually provide some great racing but my concern is for the weekly racers' equipment and wallets. Boss Dave has assured that The 'Burg will not become a "special events" only venue. We'll be back in Section "A" to buy 50-50 tickets and see what we shall see.

One really good thing noted on my visit is that Also Dave had completely ruined a Danny Lasoski tee, complete with wings, in his labor today. That's a :thumb: IMHO. :pissonwings: :wink1:

11/20/07, 6:00 PM   #2
Re: 'Burg Progress......
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Marv,

Save me a seat so I can be one of the first in line to buy a 50/50 ticket. I know that I can't possibly be first since Mr. Burton has that position all locked up.:emote20::wink1::eek:

11/20/07, 6:17 PM   #3
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
We'll be back in Section "A" to buy 50-50 tickets and see what we shall see. :pissonwings: :wink1:
I know what you are trying to see when you buy those 50/50 tickets!:rolling:

11/20/07, 6:18 PM   #4
fishnman

Hey Fishburger, right after you left today I happened to come across one of those "Right Hand" shovels. I (a.k.a Also Dave) will have it in the truck for you when you make it down again. And yes the Danny Lasoski shirt, vintage 1995, is a sure fire "work shirt", wouldn't even consider using a non-wing shirt, they are CAREFULLY LAUNDERED and hung in the closet!:thumb:

11/20/07, 6:42 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Fish, You must have come down and talked to dave through the fence near the dumpster. I was in the Rabbit barn on the other side of the Restroom.

It's quite clear the two guys are getting the area cleared so they can actually start working.

I wonder why the scoring loop was removed or is that gonna be part of the improvments? transponders? Racecievers?

Chuck, stating they wern't goofing off either, They removed a ton of the temparary walls and all the tires from the track while I was there.

WO

11/20/07, 7:51 PM   #6
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Charles, We were removing the transponder loop. It needed to come out to tear out the frontstretch wall and fence. There has been much more done this past week and a half, the contractors brought in and wired up there office trailer. The utilities people marked where all the buried wires and water lines are, and final arangements for construction are completed. This is a big expansion and all the i's and t's must dotted. Look for big changes soon. I too can't wait until the new facilities are done and we all must be patient. The contractors promise us it will be ready to race at the end of march 2008.
I will try to get some pictures tomorrow and post them on our website.
Thanks, Dave
P.S. Hey Fish i found a right handed shovel for you. lol

11/20/07, 7:52 PM   #7
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Charles, I did'nt know that was you....It cost $25 per hour to park and watch us work. I bet you got sleepy watching the work, lol

11/20/07, 9:00 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I did nod off for a few

Willing to help, but don't want to be a bother either.
Chuck

11/20/07, 9:09 PM   #9
fishnman

Well Fish, that makes TWO of those right hand shovels found today! I guess I get to take the day off!!

11/20/07, 10:13 PM   #10
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Fishnman, Are'nt you off everyday?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 'Burg Progress......