IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tires & Wheels
12/22/13, 7:19 PM   #1
Rules Tires & Wheels
lovindirt

I hope that their is no rule change for tires and wheels for any tracks this coming season or series. If a change is made open them back up on tire get rid of a spec. JMO Guys not trying to make people mad. All tire producers should have a chance at all tracks. Should help reduce the price of tires, again JMO. If one guy corners the market then he controls the price, if its open then you can shop and challenge well so and so will sell me such and such for this much what you have to offer me. JMO. Just heard through the grape vine that a change is coming , ( AGAIN ).
Last edited by lovindirt; 12/22/13 at 8:02 PM.

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
12/22/13, 8:04 PM   #2
Re: Tires & Wheels
Jerry Spencer

If there is a wheel change we will cut back even more, we are limited with what we have, yes we have a good sponsor but the money only goes so far.

We are as low budget as it gets but in my opinion rules cost more money than they help.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jfitz, johnnythunderhead
12/22/13, 8:29 PM   #3
johnnythunderhead
Banned

yup, they call it a monopoly

12/22/13, 10:07 PM   #4
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Here is what I have heard on this to date. It is already done. ASCS Medium tire. You can run it on an 18 and still get stagger according to guys that ran it at Canyon. Size is 105-16-15. Tire durometers at 48 which is slightly softer than a DT3. Has the tread block pattern of an HT2. Hoosier had one mounted up in their booth at PRI on a 17 inch wheel. Will take some experimenting to see which wheel they work best on.

Have heard it will be the USAC, Bloomington, Putnamville and Gas City tire. Haven't heard about the other tracks yet, but they will surely follow suit if this is the case. No info yet if the old tires will have a grace period where they can still be used.

No rules changes on wheels that I have heard of, but the tire may dictate which wheel you need to use to get the best results.

12/22/13, 10:12 PM   #5
treecitytornado

Local track promoters, USAC, and Hoosier are supposed to have a meeting on or around the end of the first week of Jan. to discuss a grace period, staying with right rear only rule, etc.

12/22/13, 11:17 PM   #6
lovindirt

So the HT2's and DT3's we now have, how long might we be able to run them? Is that yet to be decided or what?

12/23/13, 9:13 AM   #7
usac99

From what i've been hearing its the ASCS meduim right rear and hoosiers the other 3 corners .So its a hoosier only in USAC!!!!!

12/23/13, 9:26 AM   #8
bobby01

Here we go again having to buy those overpriced purple tires.
Why can't the powers that be just let the free market work??
AH it's called greed.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
12/23/13, 10:20 AM   #9
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

USAC is not doing Hoosier on all 4 corners. Just the Medium RR. The other 3 corners are run what ever brand you want.

12/23/13, 11:36 AM   #10
treecitytornado

I believe Gary is right on the ASCS Med. on right rear only and Open on left and fronts. Everything should be coming out in the open after the meeting later next week.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tires & Wheels